Moderate speed P790 users

Mabuckeye

Reaction score
Any moderate swing speed users had success with the P790? Know it’s a low spin iron, so thinking of a Nippon 950GH or even Zelos 6 shaft in steel or a UST Recoil in graphite - all regular flex to help with launch and spin. Enough forgiveness in this combo for a mid handicapper?

My playing partner is moderate swing and played these with the Nippon 960GH actually. Ended up trading them in for the Cleveland UHX, with the same shafts, and has not looked back

I wouldn’t over think the shaft too much because the head design will dominate the equation.

I am rather moderate in swing speed and have really enjoyed my time with the P790. My Lofts are not stock though, weaker on 5-8, stock on 9 I think and stronger on the AW/PW.
The shaft is going to be entirely dependent on the player and what fits their swing/tempo but think these are better for us who need more ball speed. As long as you can get the ball up in the air you shouldn't have trouble stopping them on most greens (that has been my experience at least).

Back