More power for lighter/shorter bodies?

I appreciate all the thoughts on this thread. I think that every golfer regardless of size or age wants to maximize their distance. I liked what jnug had to say and am wondering if there is a drill that would help getting turning in sync and moving the hips properly. I have seen a pro and he said my biggest issue is that I swing with my wrists/arms and not my body. Would love some insight on using the body properly and how to maximize my distance by using body, not hands.

mike breed on tgc loves the drill with harry the hippo pool floatie... get one of those and you can get the feel of a body connected swing

Furthermore, your SW (I assume when you say SW, you mean a 56 degree) going 95 yards is long-ball territory.....I mean Phil Mickelson only hits a 60 degree 90-yards or so from what he says on his DVD. If I had to guess, your swing is extremely steep to generate such long distances from your short clubs, while it makes your long clubs inconsistent and short.

I would guess you're swinging your woods very differently as it's very hard to hit a driver with a steep swing.

I use a 54* low bounce SW - don't hit many bunkers (they are usually too close to the green, haha) and am good from the sand when I do so I prefer the extra distance from the 54 and lower bounce for non-sand chipping/pitching. So I get 90-95 yards carry from the SW if I catch if cleanly.

I either swing a little differently with my woods or my swing just works better for woods and not irons. I've been a pretty consistent driver for a long time but my irons are erratic.

My driver distance I listed was with roll. I guess pure carry is in the 215-225 range?

And I fully intend to start taking lessons again... soon-ish. (Stupid old house that won't sell is sucking up all of our fun money.)

yeah im thinking all you need is a tune up on your iron game and you'll be all set

Back