Most intimidating shot you hit

There are a lot of shots that probably get all up in our minds and mess with us and might be in this category. I was thinking about this and trying to figure out the one that most intimidates me. I don't think I am intimidated by any golf shot, only my lack of confidence in fully executing some of them.

One shot that comes to mind is a long water hole shot, or over a long hazard, that you have to make sure you are well over with the driver and you really cannot hit any other club to get over, except possibly a 3 or well hit 5 wood. There are several courses I play that have those. I do pretty good on them, but occasional can struggle with those and lose a shot.

The next one that comes to mind is a buried ball in thick rough at "tweener" yardage to get up on high small greens. My confidence is not nearly as strong as those, primarily because I have not worked enough on them and the greens are so small it is very challenging even with a good hit from the fairway. Thank goodness I don't get a lot of those, primarily on my home course, but in my opinion, they can be brutal.

Back