Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Irons

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Wedges

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Putter

Votes: 33 41.8%

• Total voters
Driver for me. The B21 is the most accurate driver I’ve ever gamed.

I'm not really reluctant to change anything but if I had to choose I'd go with driver. Getting off the tee is critical and if I have a driver I'm comfortable with it's going to take a lot to make me change.

Wedges. I’ll buy the new line in the same family but I’m hesitant to change brands now that wedges are nearly $200/club for most brands

A lot of folks saying putter. Is it because it’s the most intimately piece of equipment in the bag?

I have an Adams Tight Lies 2 3w. I picked it up for $40 a year after they came out. It is just a really easy club to hit. The only reason I have ever considered replacing it is because it’s not the longest 3w. I actually hit my Cobra F8 3 hybrid a little longer and that is the other club I’m reluctant to change

I went with irons. Everything else is pretty much fair game. Probably more a function of what is new/old in my bag

I suppose because it took me so long to finally get fitted, I don't want to just switch right away.

The only real reason I see for changing is if what I currently have isn’t working for me. I am guessing pros who use old clubs do it for consistency. They know what the ball will (most likely) do on every shot.

I finally found a fairway and hybrids that I can hit. So those are not going anywhere. Same with putter.

Now just WANTING something shiny and new is another story…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want the irons to work, so badly. Don’t want to admit a mistake on the irons. All the other clubs? Next man up…

My Ping 5W and Cobra King TEC hybrids aren’t going anywhere. The rest of the bag is fair game.

Like I have posted on this before. I"m a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind if guy.

To me, new clubs are a feel good sort of thing. Have I purchased a club to feel good? Sure I have, but I also had little expectation the club, or clubs would be a positive game changer for me.

Im playing wedges right now that are over 20 years old. I changed the grips, and had the lofts/lies checked. The grooves are still great shape. Why would I change to something newer but with the same playing results? My swing still works well with those clubs.

I had to pick one but I’m pretty happy with the full bag. I’d take a Titleist driver if I could find one at the price point I want but I’m happy with the PXG.

I first clicked wedges then, before submitting, changed it to FWs. Wedges must be forged for me but do play either my Hogans or Mizunos. My FWs, on the other hand. are old as dirt. Check my signature. I have tried to replace both, numerous times, but have not found anything to knock them out yet.

For me I would say hybrid. I hit it so well I've always been reluctant to pull it out of the bag, as It's been the one club I feel like I can always trust.

for me it is driver. i get comfortable with a certain driver and know how it will hit for me....get use to it per say....and just hate switching.

Putter , had same style , the original two ball ,( satin finish ) then when O works in black, arrived, swapped to that for sun glare minimisation.

Iam a pendulum putter , it fits my style , it lines up, and does it’s works without, saying a word.

As we all know it’s the most used club in the bag, so can’t see the relationship ending , unless something , that revolutionary and complimentary, makes a strong case for the position lol.

My Taylormade Sim MAX 4H is staying in the bag until it breaks, and then I'm replacing it with another Taylormade 4H.

I also have a Cleveland 60*-06* lob wedge that I've put a lot of reps into practicing and have good distance control with. It's not going to replaced by anything but another Cleveland 60-06* lob wedge.

Putter... 1) it's a 2011 model. 2) it's a 2011 model. 3) yes, Odyssey will make another similar to it by custom order, but it won't be the same and will cost and arm and a leg because... custom order. 4) it's a 2011 model.

Putter not going anywhere.

Hybrid and FW wood work well and no changes coming.

The rest rotate every year or two.

I voted fairways. I had the Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood in the bag until this season because I didn’t think another club would fit me like that one. Now that I have the Hy-Wood I don’t know if I’ll ever let it go.

My M6 fairway woods, 5, 7 & 9. I have a number of reliable putters, the two best being Mizunos. The M6 fairways lack adjustment, but I don't care because they are perfect for me, I can fade them, I can bomb them long, high and straight, I can sting them, I can turn them over at will. Never had such versatile fairways. The M6 3 wood is a very good club as well, but I opt to carry a Mizzy 12* with a high launch shaft as a second driver instead. It's like an uber forgiving 2 1/2 wood off the tee.

I love my driver and my putter almost equally. But, my driver would likely be harder to replace.

Irons. I don't care to change everything else out. Most hybrids to me are interchangable as long as I like they way they look (unless they play really upright). I don't care about wedges because most companies make a really quality product that its just up to me to enjoy them. Driver... I can name 5-6 brands I could put in play right now and not be upset. Irons... they are made different. The designs, the looks, the thickness. It really makes a big difference to my eye. If not, I'd be playing a SGI.

I voted FW, once I find a FW that I like, it tends to stay in my bag the longest amount of time.

Back