Moved to Mizuno JPX921 Forged

aggiesam1983

Old Fart and an Aggie
Reaction score
Handicap
7 ish
Back in the day I played Wilson Staff blades and the moved to Titleist in 1997. I have played nothing but Titleist irons since 1997 but that is now changing.

I traded in my Titleist irons on Thursday and bought my first NEW set of irons in over forty years!

I hit Titleist T100S, Mizuno JPX921 Forged, Mizuno MP-20, Srixon ZX-7, and some used Miura irons. My observations:

The Titleist, Mizunos, and Srixon irons were all very close in distance and grouping but the JPX921 Forged edged the others slightly
The Miura irons were interesting. The first shot I hit was amazing in feel but the others were slightly off the sweet spot and did not feel good.
The Mizunos both had great feel but the Titleist and Srixons were very close behind.
At the end I walked out with the JPX921 Forged irons. For the first time in twenty-four years Titleist irons will not be in my bag (except my Vokey SM8 wedges).

Change is hard but I am excited to get out this weekend and see how they work for me on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck with the new sticks...Mizuno’s are great!

Embrace change. Great set of sticks - for me it was between 921F and MP-20 HMBs.

Good luck! I’ve been playing the 919F’s for the last year and love them. My son has the 921F’s and those are excellent as well. My advice is if you haven’t checked out the GW, you should. I absolutely love it and fits seamlessly into the set.

They are beautiful irons and I’m sure you will love them. What shaft did you go with?

Back in the day I played Wilson Staff blades and the moved to Titleist in 1997. I have played nothing but Titleist irons since 1997 but that is now changing.

I traded in my Titleist irons on Thursday and bought my first NEW set of irons in over forty years!

I hit Titleist T100S, Mizuno JPX921 Forged, Mizuno MP-20, Srixon ZX-7, and some used Miura irons. My observations:

The Titleist, Mizunos, and Srixon irons were all very close in distance and grouping but the JPX921 Forged edged the others slightly
The Miura irons were interesting. The first shot I hit was amazing in feel but the others were slightly off the sweet spot and did not feel good.
The Mizunos both had great feel but the Titleist and Srixons were very close behind.
At the end I walked out with the JPX921 Forged irons. For the first time in twenty-four years Titleist irons will not be in my bag (except my Vokey SM8 wedges).

Change is hard but I am excited to get out this weekend and see how they work for me on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hit these when they first came out back in August and was BLOWN away by them. I had one of those rare swing days where everything clicks and it was cool to see. Enjoyed the HM and HMP but the Forged was the belle of the ball that day. Enjoy them!

Congrats on the news irons!!!

Good luck! I’ve been playing the 919F’s for the last year and love them. My son has the 921F’s and those are excellent as well. My advice is if you haven’t checked out the GW, you should. I absolutely love it and fits seamlessly into the set.

I will give the GW a try, I typically play a Vokey SM8 50 degree and love it.

Even though I bought some Hogan PTx-Pro irons recently (haven't really had a chance to hit them), I've thought seriously about the 921 Forged. I've gamed 919 HM's for 2 years and really like them, but I've seriously considered forged irons. That's why I bought the Hogan's. I probably need to give the Hogan's a chance first, but I do love me some Mizunos. :sneaky:

Back