mtbloco swing critique....I hope.

Only thing I can offer is to stick your booty out more and flatten your back. It's the thing my teacher had me do and it really helps.

Only thing I can offer is to stick your booty out more and flatten your back. It's the thing my teacher had me do and it really helps.
Yep, exactly what my instructor had me do this week. (y)
Booty out not so clpuched over so balance of feet is on ball and not on toes or heel.

My lesson today focused on footwork and hip rotation. The thought for me that is working is to drive my right knee forward to be at the ball at or slightly before the club. That drives my hip rotation, helping to sync my arms. Which have a nasty habit of out racing my body. I have to work on the opposite. Feet legs and hips should trigger my downswing rotation.

Drilling with pitches. Took this up to a 6i abd the results were so good!

My lesson today focused on footwork and hip rotation. The thought for me that is working is to drive my right knee forward to be at the ball at or slightly before the club. That drives my hip rotation, helping to sync my arms. Which have a nasty habit of out racing my body. I have to work on the opposite. Feet legs and hips should trigger my downswing rotation.

I'm working on the same stuff currently

Looks pretty good so far...get that chest opening up more while the hands and arms stay back. 💪 Work some 'No Throw' and 'Double No Throw' drills as well...you're releasing it without turning

Testing out posting videos and taking them of my golf swing. I've never uploaded to YouTube and tried embedding them. so this might have some technical difficulties. If so, please ignore.

Hopefully these are good enough that if someone want to critique my swing I'd be willing to listen. I'm swinging an 8i, in slow motion, and obviously not hitting a ball. But I have an alignment station set up. Feel free to roast it too. I any laughter will do us all good.

Down the line

Face on.

Thank you.
One other thing...you aren't getting a full turn back, which is the main cause of a lot that happens later. 😉

Pretty good swing. A lot of good comments on here. One thing I notice is your sequence is out. The club comes inside on the takeaway which is generally the result of getting too handsy. I try to just leave my hands alone and rotate my shoulders back. This bit of handsy swing continues on the transition where it should be more from the ground up from the top of the backswing. Sit into that left side as you start to rotate your hips back (should take care of you losing your tush line), continue rotating the hips as you post up. The shoulders follow shortly after, then the arms and then finally the hands. Right now your hands seem to be leading the downswing.
Personally I think you've got a pretty good swing. Mostly what I see is just improper sequencing and not enough lower body use on the transition.

Pretty good swing. A lot of good comments on here. One thing I notice is your sequence is out. The club comes inside on the takeaway which is generally the result of getting too handsy. I try to just leave my hands alone and rotate my shoulders back. This bit of handsy swing continues on the transition where it should be more from the ground up from the top of the backswing. Sit into that left side as you start to rotate your hips back (should take care of you losing your tush line), continue rotating the hips as you post up. The shoulders follow shortly after, then the arms and then finally the hands. Right now your hands seem to be leading the downswing.
Personally I think you've got a pretty good swing. Mostly what I see is just improper sequencing and not enough lower body use on the transition.
sequencing is exactly what the Pro I took lessons from told me.I tend to lock my lower body up and then hands and arms out race everything, as most have pointed out. My last lesson he had me working on my footwork, knees and hips to get the legs doing their job of initiating and driving the rotation. I really started to get some good swings by the end of that lesson. Now I need to work to engrain those drills and lessons.

I'll post some full swing updates as I get more comfortable with those tweaks.

This might be some proof as to why I like my 5W. When I hit it correctly (not topped), then I get a great high ball with a draw. Not to replicate this with a Driver!

82940971-08FC-4DC2-BBF6-8368EB7AFBAA.jpeg

Back