CONTEST My Edel Putter Fitting

Alway been curious about Putter Fittings because I have used my friends putter and I putt as well as I do with mine, I left mine home by accident one day and took one of the rental putters -- Putted great. I have 4 putters and I play equally as well with either of them and the putter weights are different and Swing weights are D0 to D9. - does not matter. And after 18 holes I usually have less than 30 putts on the card. go figure Eh
You must be a unicorn. It was eye opening how different my aim was with different alignment aide, let alone different heads.

Out of curiosity, do you use a line on the ball to line up putts?

Hey now, I've wanted to try an Edel putter forever. Also have wanted to try an All-in forever. Why not both at the same time? 😂
Again I love it- but it's also still the most internet golfer thing I've read in awhile.

Again I love it- but it's also still the most internet golfer thing I've read in awhile.
The Office Lie GIF

Eh, you're probably right.

You must be a unicorn. It was eye opening how different my aim was with different alignment aide, let alone different heads.

Out of curiosity, do you use a line on the ball to line up putts?

No - I do not use a ball line.. being a retired mech engineer and working with dimensions and big and small part design. there is no way I use a line that is about 1.6" long to line up a putt---.the amount of potential error is too great. I find a spot on the green about 2-3 feet in front of the ball and align to that.
Imagine if your eye and the 1.6" line is off by 2 degrees, (which is pretty good for a human eye including putter alignment) the error on a 6 foot putt would be about 2.50"

No - I do not use a ball line.. being a retired mech engineer and working with dimensions and big and small part design. there is no way I use a line that is about 1.6" long to line up a putt---.the amount of potential error is too great. I find a spot on the green about 2-3 feet in front of the ball and align to that.
Imagine if your eye and the 1.6" line is off by 2 degrees, (which is pretty good for a human eye including putter alignment) the error on a 6 foot putt would be about 2.50"
I mean, the same could be said about the spot on the green though? To each their own though, glad your style is working for you.

I mean, the same could be said about the spot on the green though? To each their own though, glad your style is working for you.

Yes of course -- but the point being a spot 3 foot in front of the ball can be more accurate on alignment due to a longer line to that spot compared to a line that is 1.6" long. that is a ratio of about 20:1 more accurate with all other factors equal.

Look at it this way: imagine you are shooting a rifle at 100 yards.. one rifle has iron sights 1.6" apart and the other has traditional iron sights, one at the receiver and the other sight at the end of the barrel.. - which one would shoot a tighter group?

It is possible to do both... line the ball up with the spot on the green and use the ball lines to help line up the putter face. That's mostly how I use triple track.

It is possible to do both... line the ball up with the spot on the green and use the ball lines to help line up the putter face. That's mostly how I use triple track.
I don't think there's a right way to do it for everyone, but there is research supporting alignment aids I believe. Confidence is such a huge part of golf, if somebody believes they putt better with or without, I would imagine that probably affects their results.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
  • Appreciation
  • On Fire
Back