My new best friend

dannyka

Reaction score
Handicap
11.0 GHIN
I have a new favorite club in the bag (shhhh, don't tell the others, they'll get their feeling hurt).

On Friday I picked up a 58 deg lob wedge. I practiced with it a few minutes on the range and in a bunker and WOW! What a difference for me.

I was able to control my sand shots much better (at practice) and got almost all of them out with the first shot. I had only bunker shot during the round I played Saturday and I got the ball out in one and rolled it to within 5 ft of the hole. Hope I can keep that up! :fingers-crossed:

And those flags they tuck in right behind a bunker? No problem! I was able to hit the ball high and land them softly a lot closer to the hole than I ever have. A great addition to the bag.

Now if I could only figure out what the heck is going wrong with my long/mid iron play... :banghead:

I love my lob wedge, too. I like the flop shot that lands like a butterfly with sore feet.

My 60* LW is my "go to" club in a lot of situations, especially green side bunkers. Now I have a 68* LW that absolutely drives me nuts when trying to hit balls with it. :D

lob wedges are great.. i have a 60 degree, and use it all around the green..
its my club from 100yards in.... an unconventional chip and run with the lob wedge is my speciality, generally put balls within a foot of the pin from 20yards in..

I have used a 60* LW for a long time. Had one made for me with a dual sole grind that works great down here where the fairways can be hard as a rock sometimes in the summer. I hit it from 100 yards in and hit it out of greenside bunkers and also hit a lot of quick stop chips with it.

Nice pickup Danny! I love my 60* lobber for shots < 60yds. Soft landing flop shots are great strok savers esp. when dealing with a tucked pin.

Lob Wedge

Lob Wedge

I recently received my 58 degree wedge and with some practice it is a stroke saver for sure! I took the shag bag out and worked with it for a couple of hours two to three times a week. Of course being retired helps with the time to practice. I use the Cobra UFI 58 degree Lob wedge which goes with my irons. I wish I had ordered it when I first received my irons. It is so user friendly and fun to hit! I have not tried it from further than 75 out. I have been considering the Cleveland Niblick which has received so many good reviews in here. It might be a good option to have in the bag, when the winter lies get down and dirty :eek:)

Back