Myrtle Beach Bachelor Trip

andeti02

Reaction score
Handicap
I booked a bachelor party golf trip for 12 guys to Myrtle in March. We are playing Pearl East and Pearl West on Friday and Aberdeen CC and Long Bay on Saturday? Any insight into these courses?

Welcome to THP!

I have no experience with golf in MB other than playing True Blue and Caledonia so I have nothing to help you but I would have to guess that Myrtle Beach would be an awesome place for a bachelor party, have fun!

Welcome to THP.

I have played Long Bay Plantation a few times. It is a fun course, but it is the quintessential Nicklaus course. There are several hidden dangers that can give a first-time player difficulty. I highly suggest getting a yardage book when you play. Otherwise, the course is very nice. I have always found it to be in good shape, and the course personnel are friendly.

Aberdeen is a great course. It has a fun/challenging layout and is always in good condition with 27 holes you can change things up if you play there more then once.

Aberdeen is a great course. It has a fun/challenging layout and is always in good condition with 27 holes you can change things up if you play there more then once.

I'm gonna disagree with Mr. Slice a bit - I didn't think much of Aberdeen. Drains very poorly, and the layout wasn't much - some blind shots with hazards that the first time you play you might be 'WTF"? Up that way I think Diamondback at Woodland Valley is a better bet. I really like Long Bay - they have one of the prettiest par 3's around - might be 12 or 13? It's always in great shape, and everyone knows about #10 that has a bunker that wraps all the way around it. Haven't played the Pearl courses - yet!

Lots of sand on Longbay!

Greens at the Pearl were nice

I enjoyed the Pearl when we went down in 2010. Interesting layout and the people were awesome. Have fun!

Back