National Brand vs Store Brand

Frozen pizza for me. We have tried store brand pizza but it just doesn't cut it for us. Kids don't care, but my palate is more "sophisticated" :cool:
My teenage son actually prefers the store brand Aldi's frozen pizza (and other cheap store brands from Acme) - even over actual hot take-out pizza. I'm not complaining since it's a heckuva lot cheaper, but - no go for me.

I've tried the Aldi's store brand pizza, and did NOT like the crust! Dry and tasteless. And, as I've posted on another thread here, you can put the best topping on a pizza, but if you have bad crust, you have bad pizza! I also tried the WalMart brand quite a while ago, and thought it was pretty good. But there are so many great, local pizza houses in this area, why bother.

Never store brands, made many mistakes that way

Nobody wants you!
511A66FE-9EE1-4B69-9953-55F7CB5BF159.jpeg714797B6-1ED0-4645-812E-4DC8EE3DFE50.jpegD40252A4-1456-4485-8555-2681645164C5.jpeg97F77615-BF5A-46C5-8C91-FFAF43F00EDD.jpeg

I hardly consider Kirkland a store brand anymore. I have a feeling most of their stuff is made by high quality national brands or from the same manufacturer.

Food is the only thing I'm specific about that I can think of. If I notice a taste difference and it bothers me I'm going straight back to national brand.

Golden Oreos are a must-go National Brand as well as Ho-Ho's a must for a national brand. Cannot skimp on those delacacies.

We find a lot of Kirkland brand items are great and even better than a national brand. Got to check price occasionally but high volume items typically on sale more frequently.

hot dogs. theres not a single good store brand hot dog.
What's your favorite? I really like Hebrew National Jumbo size. I am an all beef hot dog guy.

What's your favorite? I really like Hebrew National Jumbo size. I am an all beef hot dog guy.
Yes. Hebrew National are topps in my book. The really big ones if you can find them . All beef is the way to go for me as well.

I'm all for saving a little money at the grocery store and grabbing a store brand or generic brand most of the time. In most cases they do a great job versus the national brand, but what are those one or 2 items that you just have to go national brand on no matter what?

I mostly grocery shop at Kroger. Their bread is terrible. I don’t eat bread anymore for the most part but if I did I sure as hell wouldn’t eat theirs.

Their cheese isn’t great either depending on the type. Edible though.

Back