Pretty sure the Sixers are winning it all.
All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Yeah, you kind of beat me to the punch. Every team needs its number one star to be a real contender. The NBA is truly a star driven league, as you say. Minnesota has actually done ok with KAT, but I would say that Ant Man is Minnesota’s indispensable star at this point.
Agreed, but I would argue that KAT is that dude to get a bucket or foul to stave off a run from the opponent. Ant Man is an absolute highlight waiting to happen! Not sure Minnesota wanted to end up in 3rd.... they've got a tough draw in round one! Then again, can't wait to see who OKC /
Denver get from play in....

Yeah, you kind of beat me to the punch. Every team needs its number one star to be a real contender. The NBA is truly a star driven league, as you say. Minnesota has actually done ok with KAT, but I would say that Ant Man is Minnesota’s indispensable star at this point.

I'm a big Edwards fan but Minnesota reminds me a bit of a suped up grindhouse Grizzlies team from 10 years ago. They will be a tough out because they defend but Ant is not on the Luka, Jokic, or even SGA level. There's no way they make it out of the west

I'm a big Edwards fan but Minnesota reminds me a bit of a suped up grindhouse Grizzlies team from 10 years ago. They will be a tough out because they defend but Ant is not on the Luka, Jokic, or even SGA level. There's no way they make it out of the west
Going to have to win three series. Going up against very good teams in each round. Tall order for a team, especially one somewhat lacking in playoff success.

I'm a big Edwards fan but Minnesota reminds me a bit of a souped up grindhouse Grizzlies team from 10 years ago. They will be a tough out because they defend but Ant is not on the Luka, Jokic, or even SGA level. There's no way they make it out of the west
I have doubts about whether the T Wolves can beat the Suns.

Weird scenario for the Lakers. The 7/8 game is probably their easiest path to making the playoffs (they match up best against the Pelicans) but that virtually assures them a round 1 exit. They are probably better off losing to NO and hoping they get past the Sacramento vs GS winner. But they absolutely could lose to either of those teams.

Weird scenario for the Lakers. The 7/8 game is probably their easiest path to making the playoffs (they match up best against the Pelicans) but that virtually assures them a round 1 exit. They are probably better off losing to NO and hoping they get past the Sacramento vs GS winner. But they absolutely could lose to either of those teams.
The West being wide open is fun. GS and LA both feel like teams that can take it to the next level come playoff time.

I was just listening to a podcast this morning that discussed this. The discussion centered on whether a player as proud, competitive and accomplished as LeBron could accept tanking as an admission that he could not beat the Nuggets.

Big losers in the playoff matchups:

1. Minnesota winding up as a 3 seed and having to play the Suns, who basically had their way with Minnesota during the regular season.

2. Cleveland completely tanking to Charlotte on the last day to avoid a seeding that would line them up potentially to play the Sixers. and by doing so, almost guaranteeing that they will advance no more than to the second round and lose to Boston. How this helps them in their almost impossible task of resigning Donovan Mitchell baffles me.

BTW, random thing but you will thank me later. One of the most fun pastimes you can do is go to Basketball-Reference and just randomly search players, and look at their listed nicknames.

It's legit one of the most funny things you will do all day. like 90% of the nicknames listed are ridiculous, i'm pretty sure made up, and no one has ever called the players this

For example, James Harden
-The beard (yes)
-El Chapo
-Jimbo Slice
-Honey Bun (?)
-Uno?

Josh Giddey
-Slob Wizard
-Himothey Chalumet
-Wizard of Oz
-Vanilla Magic

Just do this for 15 minutes and i promise you , that you will laugh

I was just listening to a podcast this morning that discussed this. The discussion centered on whether a player as proud, competitive and accomplished as LeBron could accept tanking as an admission that he could not beat the Nuggets.
He / they may not like it but it is reality. The Lakers have played them very very tough - maybe tougher than anyone else - but the Nuggets do what they want in Q4 to pull away. At will. They are the 1 team with a big that truly gives AD problems. If the other teams best player is better than your best player…no bueno.

Big losers in the playoff matchups:

1. Minnesota winding up as a 3 seed and having to play the Suns, who basically had their way with Minnesota during the regular season.

2. Cleveland completely tanking to Charlotte on the last day to avoid a seeding that would line them up potentially to play the Sixers. and by doing so, almost guaranteeing that they will advance no more than to the second round and lose to Boston. How this helps them in their almost impossible task of resigning Donovan Mitchell baffles me.
I saw an interesting off season speculation: Mitchell to LA for LBJ. LBJ finishes his career in Cleveland with Bronny and LA moves forward with 2 new different stars

He / they may not like it but it is reality. The Lakers have played them very very tough - maybe tougher than anyone else - but the Nuggets do what they want in Q4 to pull away. At will. They are the 1 team with a big that truly gives AD problems. If the other teams best player is better than your best player…no bueno.
There really is no answer that anybody has for Jokic. He is just too big, with an unbelievable skill set and anticipation that sees plays before they develop. He has proven to be an historically great player.

It actually still shocks me that San Antonio beat Denver over the weekend, coming back from 23 points down. I didn’t see that game, but I’d bet a few teams are watching the film.

I saw an interesting off season speculation: Mitchell to LA for LBJ. LBJ finishes his career in Cleveland with Bronny and LA moves forward with 2 new different stars
Hmmm, interesting

LeFlop would never lose on purpose to avoid a team. His ego is too big for that. You could also say the same about Jordan or Kobe or Bird etc. Elite players always think they can find a way.

Denver takes L.A. is 5

Hmm. That actually would be a fun one for both teams.

There you go. Lakers win and lose, all in the same game.

Sactown and GS up next, should be a good game.

There you go. Lakers win and lose, all in the same game.

Sactown and GS up next, should be a good game.
Yeah it’s interesting. Would much rather play OKC but also don’t want to risk one game in or out.

Zion went out with an injury? I didn’t watch the game.

Apologies to you Warriors fans, but I love it when somebody jams it down Draymond’s throat.

Apologies to you Warriors fans, but I love it when somebody jams it down Draymond’s throat.
Couldn't possibly agree more. That first game was fun, hopefully this one comes through too.

Zion went out with an injury? I didn’t watch the game.
Yes… with like 2 mins to go… unbelievable talent that cannot stay healthy. Offseason he has to change everything he does… diet, training regime, mental approach whatever he’s doing isn’t working

Back