Need a new pushcart - Looking for help

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve now gone through two Clicgear models.

I loved the 3.5 (three wheels). Eventually the break wore out after several years of use.

Happy with the 3.5, I purchased the 8.0, which did not fold as compactly and was more difficult to handle and less intuitive than the 3.5. And I saw no benefit to the larger size. It recently broke after only a few seasons.

So should I go back to the 3.5 or should I try a different brand? I like the product OK, but they are not as durable as they could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever used my 3.5 and I love the thing. If you loved it and had the lifespan you are looking for then I see no reason not to get another.

I've only ever used my 3.5 and I love the thing. If you loved it and had the lifespan you are looking for then I see no reason not to get another.

Thanks. Stick with the 3.5 - which is cheaper and better IMO.

I just got a 3.5 and love it. Once you use it a few times it is easy to fold up and it is compact which is perfect for my small car. I've only had it a few months so I can't comment on it's durability, but the functionality is great.

Ditto, and mine has lasted forever, I'm amazed at the longevity of my clicgear.

I am still on my used 3.0. I love it. I use it all the time. I have never had an issue with any part of it breaking. I say go back to the 3.5.

The Stewart R1-S is superb. Ingenious mechanism, folds small and built like a tank.

One poor thing is the cover over the space to hold nick-nacks which is very flimsy but I don’t use that at all. It’s been described as the Rolls-Royce of push trolleys and rightly so.

I have only used 2 push carts so far. First was the sun mountain micro cart which I liked but wanted a change. Next and my current is the 3.5 which I couldn’t imagine switching from

Another vote for the ClicGear 3.5 No issues with mine going on 3 years. I would get another for 2 reasons, familiarity and ease of use.

. Eventually the break wore out after several years of use.

All wearable parts are replaceable. I replaced the brake on mine at the end of last season

I have approximately 500 rounds on my 3.5+ with no end in sight. A few bumps and bruises on it, yes. But no mechanical issues or anything that has caused me to seek a replacement.

I picked up a Sun Mountain speed cart last winter. So far I've been really happy with it, and have very few complaints. My only small criticism is that I wish it folded up a bit smaller. That's not really much of a hassle though in the grand scheme of things.

It's miles better than my last (el-cheapo) cart.

Another ClicGear 3.5+ vote here, love mine going on 2 seasons now and it’s held up extremely well!

As far as your brake cable goes, I’m not near mine right now but I’ll take a look tonight, most cable controlled brake will have an adjustment on them. Cable stretches over time and it’s probably a fairly simple fix, it may be something as simple as a set screw backing out and just needing the slack pulled back up and tightened back down. Kind of like brakes on a bicycle.

I went cheap with the CaddyTek EZ 3 wheel several years ago and am still very happy with my decision. Comes with all the attachments, easy to fold/unfold, tubular steel so very durable, big wheels rolls very easily. Only thing I regretted not having was the hand brake but if those are prone to fail I feel a little better about it. The foot break on the CaddyTek is simple enough to engage/disengage.

Another ClicGear 3.5+ vote here, love mine going on 2 seasons now and it’s held up extremely well!

As far as your brake cable goes, I’m not near mine right now but I’ll take a look tonight, most cable controlled brake will have an adjustment on them. Cable stretches over time and it’s probably a fairly simple fix, it may be something as simple as a set screw backing out and just needing the slack pulled back up and tightened back down. Kind of like brakes on a bicycle.

I don't recall the OP saying specifically that his brake cable broke. I had to replace the brake cog because all of the little tabs eventually broke off. It was an easy fix with a replacement part but different from the brake cable.

Thanks witchita. Link works. I have little patience or aptitude for these things, but I may give it a shot. The cable no longer gets tight on my 3.5 when I pull up the lever. It may be a simple fix (for a better skilled mechanic).

I don't recall the OP saying specifically that his brake cable broke. I had to replace the brake cog because all of the little tabs eventually broke off. It was an easy fix with a replacement part but different from the brake cable.

Not from the first post.

Not from the first post.

The cable doesn’t not tighten when you pull up the lever on the 3.5. Pulling up the lever doesn’t do anything.

You guys have me curious - I will pull (both of them) out and see if I can piddle with it one day this week.

The cable doesn’t not tighten when you pull up the lever on the 3.5. Pulling up the lever doesn’t do anything.

You guys have me curious - I will pull (both of them) out and see if I can piddle with it one day this week.

I’d definitely try, could be something that won’t cost you a dime. Check YouTube also, there might be a video that’ll help you troubleshoot it a little.

Back