Need advice on recently bought club

TimG3394

Lost: Center of clubface
Reaction score
Handicap
9ish
I made this post last night.

Instead of making a new thread I thought I'd share here.

I just got my "like new" 3deep on friday and took it to the dome tonight. I hit a couple balls with it and my first thought was "this clubhead feels very dead" compared to the ones I hit in store. I hit one more and put it in the bag.

While putting in my bag I hear a rattle coming from inside the clubhead.

I really hope customer service comes through, I have hit it a total of 4 times.
Anyone have experience with their customer service?

So I got home last night after the range and the rattle was gone. I am now not sure what to do.

Even if the club is fine, it will be a mental block everytime I pull the club. Do I call customer service? Do I hit it again and see if the rattle returns?

If I return it, I will probably only get 90% back since I hit a couple balls with it. But I'd rather pay a couple more dollars for another one.

Any advice is welcomed.

Can you remove the shaft and see inside the head?

I made this post last night.

So I got home last night after the range and the rattle was gone. I am now not sure what to do.

Even if the club is fine, it will be a mental block everytime I pull the club. Do I call customer service? Do I hit it again and see if the rattle returns?

If I return it, I will probably only get 90% back since I hit a couple balls with it. But I'd rather pay a couple more dollars for another one.

Any advice is welcomed.

Id call and inquire. At the end of the day you arent completely satisfied with your purchase.

Can you remove the shaft and see inside the head?

No. It's a 3deep so not something I can just pop off. Plus my club building skills don't go beyond regripping

I would call just for the peace of mind.

Definitely talk to Callaway - I think they will make it right. Usually a rattle though just indicates loose epoxy and normally would not relate to a dead feeling head - very interesting.

Thanks guys. I guess I will give them a call and see what they say

Yep. Best bet is to just give them a call. I am sure their Customer Service will take care of you and get you squared away.

Any chance that you got a counterfeit?

Can you take it to a golf store or borrow one and hit yours next to a new/different one? Atleast that way you will know for sure one way or the other.

I would have a club fitter pull the head - I had a rattle in my Titleist D2 and freaked out a while back that something came off the adaptor. Turns out it was just epoxy...took my guy just a few minutes to pull the grip and get it out. In my case I could turn the club upside down and shake it or gently tap it on the ground and you could hear the epoxy fall down the shaft.

Just wanted to give an update:

Just got off the phone with customer service. They were great. He is sending out a replacement today, and also emailing me a prepaid shipping label so I don't have to pay shipping.

I can't stress enough how helpful they were. I have 30 days to ship this one out. Only a couple days turn around time.

What a good experience

Callaway's pre-owned section is absolutely stellar. Always worth giving them a call and getting confirmation. Glad to hear you're getting hooked up!

Glad they are helping you...always good to hear when a company is making right by the customer. Just as I would expect from Callaway based on my dealings with them. Hope you enjoy the new club.

Back