Need new Grips... I am lost....

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok,

So I currently using Winn Lite Soft grips (and yeah they don't last). I started with Winn because of the Hero grips (I am prior Air Force, and will always support anyone who gives back to the military).

I am dealing with grip pressure, and now that I live in ATL, GA... I need moisture control as well... I like the feel and texture, but golf pride has several new lines out that look like they are up my alley (along with Winn).

I don't like wraps, and I would say moisture control, then soft/vibration absorbtion, then lastly texture (never really paid much attention to it). I am "building calluses" so I don't want to tear my hands up worse, but I do want something that will last a season. Currently I am at the range ~7hrs a week and play ~2-3 rounds a month.

I am also a midsize grip... based on every pro and fitting guide a I can find (and it seems a +1-2 extra Wrap on a midsize grip).

Thanks

Lamkin Utx. The cord on these does not seem quite as harsh as the cord on the GP grips. Cord is virtually a must IMO in the GA heat and humidity.

I played the Golf Pride CP2's, and they are very nice. Soft with good vibration dampening. Some say that they are lousy in wet conditions...I never put them to the test in the rain, so I can't speak to that.
FWIW, I now use the Golf Pride NDMC grips. Love them, but I would not call them "soft."

Lamkin Utx. The cord on these does not seem quite as harsh as the cord on the GP grips. Cord is virtually a must IMO in the GA heat and humidity.
Second this definitely check these out. Great grips

I'll third the UTx

I love the Crosslines

I think the UTx might be exactly what you are looking for. Another I'll throw out that's non-corded, is the Lamkin iLine. I'd say they excel at the moisture control and soft/vibration absorption you are looking for.

I've been using the Crossline Ace for awhile now and for the price they're tough to beat. I get mine on eBay for around $2-$3 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the UTx might be exactly what you are looking for. Another I'll throw out that's non-corded, is the Lamkin iLine. I'd say they excel at the moisture control and soft/vibration absorption you are looking for.
Im still absolutely in love with the ilines and honestly keep going back to them. They are just everything I need in a grip and i see myself playing them for quite awhile. Gonna stock up haha

Is that what TMAG is using in the Tour Preferred grips? Looks very similar....... (Lamkin UTx)

Second this

Petey took the suggestions right from my brain. Excellent suggestions in this post above. Additionally, the UTx wrap is a quality grip too if you want a tad softer feel than UTx.

Is that what TMAG is using in the Tour Preferred grips? Looks very similar....... (Lamkin UTx)
On the new stuff is UTx with the tour preferred script on it. They are great grips at a very affordable price.

I have used two UTX and they will be my next full bag change when needed. Great all around performance grip.

JM

I love the Lamkin ilines, however I dont think they are the longest lasting. The Lamkin Crossline Dual Density is my favorite grip ever but they are no longer available, and only occasionally on Ebay

I love the Lamkin ilines, however I dont think they are the longest lasting. The Lamkin Crossline Dual Density is my favorite grip ever but they are no longer available, and only occasionally on Ebay

How long do the last you? in either hours or rounds over year? I am definitely leaning the way of the UTx, and letting another fitter take a look at my hands to make sure I get the size correct (especially the tape wraps etc)....

My big grip wear is on the range... since I spend more swings there hitting than i do on course... 7 hours a week = 1000-1400 balls a week (I am at a range with the big buckets as part of my membership so actual ball count is a bit harder to nail down).

I am a big time lamkin fan. Changed over from GP NDMC grips and really prefer the feel of most Lamkin. I like the shock absorption of the REL 3gen Ace, but in the southern heat/humidity you really need to wipe them down a lot. The UTx are awesome. I am in the same boat as you with Winn not lasting. If you chose to stay with them, check out the Dri-Tac wraps and if you can get a hold of some of the PCi-TL cord grips. Those are the only 2 from them I have tried that didn't shred after a round or 2.

I changed all my grip to corded Sharpro in a NDMC style that I got on eBay for $39 for 13. I think they are great and I can regrip 3x for the cost of doing it once with GP.

I play in Texas, so we have similar heat \ humidity issues (as well as lots of rain of late) and I've had no problems at all with these.

How long do the last you? in either hours or rounds over year? I am definitely leaning the way of the UTx, and letting another fitter take a look at my hands to make sure I get the size correct (especially the tape wraps etc)....

My big grip wear is on the range... since I spend more swings there hitting than i do on course... 7 hours a week = 1000-1400 balls a week (I am at a range with the big buckets as part of my membership so actual ball count is a bit harder to nail down).

I noticed wear on my ilines in a month with 2 rounds per week and little range time. My buddy had the same experience

I just put the Golf Pride MCC Plus 4's on my clubs. Has the NDMC look but a little softer. There is a recent thread here on the forum with a review by Hawk.

So I went with the UTx. I am doing a standard grip with 4 wraps under the left and 6 wraps under the right hand. ( i am a rh golfer). I will more than likely go with the TMAG version as I like the look, but the first few clubs I had made from the fitting are the standard Lamkin UTx black with the blue ends. Thanks for all of the input!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So I went with the UTx. I am doing a standard grip with 4 wraps under the left and 6 wraps under the right hand. ( i am a rh golfer). I will more than likely go with the TMAG version as I like the look, but the first few clubs I had made from the fitting are the standard Lamkin UTx black with the blue ends. Thanks for all of the input!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hope it works out for you! Curious as to why you why you went with the setup you did. I say that because 4 wraps under most standards is close to midsized, just seems a little easier for taping purposes to my mind. I'm sure there is a good reason.

Hope it works out for you! Curious as to why you why you went with the setup you did. I say that because 4 wraps under most standards is close to midsized, just seems a little easier for taping purposes to my mind. I'm sure there is a good reason.

Yes - I am a midsize and they were out of them. Also the TMAG version is only in standard. I do like the graphics on the TMAG (charcoal vs black).

Back