Need some shaft suggestions

kapsularian

Reaction score
Handicap
I mostly use my Bridgestone J33 irons, but I also have a set of Hogan Apex (1999 Hogan Apex 6-PW and Hogan Apex Plus 3-5). They still have the original Apex 4 shafts in them and I would like to try them with better technology. I am going to try out three shafts I think. Put one of each in 5, 6 and 7 iron and then hit with them and then narrow it down to two and add the shafts probably to the iron I took out and the 8 iron, so I will have two of each and then decide on which shaft I would like to put in all of the clubs. Where I need THPers help is in choosing which shafts to try out. I am definitely going to try a KBS shaft, most likely the Tour, but perhaps the Tour V. I am willing to try a graphite shaft would just prefer that it came in silver color. Just for reference my J33 irons have Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 120 gram x flex shafts.

I look forward to your suggestions.

what are you trying to acomplish (flight/spin) it is hard to make a sugestion over the internet with out seeing your swing

Too bad you play X flex, I have quite the selection of shafts that you could mess with right now.

Why not stick with the Modus 3 tour 130s?

Such a fantastic shaft

Trying to get a lower ball flight with low to medium spin. Ball flight is most important.

what are you trying to acomplish (flight/spin) it is hard to make a sugestion over the internet with out seeing your swing

Trying to get a lower ball flight with low to medium spin. Ball flight is most important.

I was in the same boat as you and went through PX 6.5, 7.0 and dg x200's before going with KBS c-taper x in my razr x muscleback irons. The c-tapers were money, lowest launching shaft of the 3 and helped my problem of over spinning my irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoil 125 f5 gets my vote. Bit biased here :)

Kbs tour v are great shafts as are dg x100

Recoil 125 f5 gets my vote. Bit biased here :)

Kbs tour v are great shafts as are dg x100

I really enjoy the recoils as well. It would either be those or the super peening blues for me. I think coming from the modus especially the ctapers don't exactly have a ton of feel to them .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Looks like I have some homework to do.

Try Dynamic gold S300's or x100s if you can afford them.

Good for low launch and spin.

PX shafts. My favorite. 6.5 need to be on your list

Back