New 2022 UST Mamiya Helium Shafts

For a lightweight driver shaft, the Helium is super stable. I'm able to really swing it without any fear of overpowering it. Hoping to do it justice this weekend!

Have one on the way. Looking forward to seeing the improvements they’ve made to what was already a great shaft. Should be here next week.

Picked one of these up as I’ve been intrigued by them for a bit and was pleasantly surprised. The shaft even in a F4 is quite whippy but performs beautifully when syncing and timing the swing. It absolutely launches the ball high into the air on a well timed swing as long as it has a LPGA elegance to it. If you try a more brute force approach it’ll fly but if your hands get involved it will shoot into the speed slot to the left but still maintain a decent distance. However even on that approach with less hand interaction it’ll fly for days.

The more I use this Helium golf shaft, the more I’m impressed. I need to get back on the launch monitor and see what the difference between the old shaft and this one is. Launch angle will be down slightly and club head speed is higher for sure.

Yesterday I took my Rivalry Helium shaft out on the course for the first time since the event. The driver was an absolute weapon. Piercing ball flight, with great distance. One of my better driving days in a long while and my playing partners were very surprised at some of the spots I ended up at in the fairway. It feels like a great pairing for the Callaway Epic Max LS I am using!

Drove the ball well the other day. Hit 4/5 fairways. The one I missed I drove it through the dogleg. Best drive was 286 down the middle!

The Helium continues to provide some great results. Working through some swing issues that are holding me back, but continue to be impressed by the piercing flight I am getting and added distance that comes with it.

I don’t think I will ever go back from lightweight graphite in my clubs. The Helium has really helped stabilize this driver where I can get a smooth consistent swing or I can really swing for the fences! Best drive today was 295 right down Main Street! I also play my driver at 44.5”. I would suggest most people should go shorter to help their overall performance. But

I don’t think I will ever go back from lightweight graphite in my clubs. The Helium has really helped stabilize this driver where I can get a smooth consistent swing or I can really swing for the fences! Best drive today was 295 right down Main Street! I also play my driver at 44.5”. I would suggest most people should go shorter to help their overall performance. But
Love it Cobb! It is a great shaft.

I didn’t hit many decent shots today, but I mashed two good drives. Still keeps a mid/mid-high flight. More people should give this shaft a chance.

I put the UST Mamiya Helium shaft in to play tonight in my Cobra LTDx driver. It is completely different than what I’ve been gaming lately.

I was looking for something that would help me turn it over a little easier, and the Helium has provided a strong initial impression!

First thoughts: it is MUCH “whippier” than what I’m used to when doing the scientific “waggle” test. I can definitely feel the club head. Secondly, wow this thing is light! Before I installed it in the club head, it felt like I was hardly holding anything!

First drive was a nice high shot, but faded a little. Second shot was also nice and high and absolutely rocketed off the face! Third shot I caught high on the face, but good straight ball flight. Fourth was beautiful; great launch and plenty of distance. I ended up driving past the green! Fifth shot was directly into wind, but again the ball launched and penetrated. I lasered back to the tee box at 280 yards - I’m super happy with that!

I have league night tomorrow so I’ll continue with this testing… so far, I’m incredibly happy!

For what it’s worth, I was playing my custom Project X shaft based on the Riptide model, weighing in at 67g, in 6.5 flex. Helium shaft is 5F4.

I would love to try a super short driver with this shaft. Maybe 43ish inches and a high launch head in the 12° range. It would be a blast.

This shaft has continued to work great for me. Know exactly what I’m getting out of it and has a nice mid ball flight with my current 8 degree loft on the driver.

This shaft is just tremendous. I had probably my best day ever driving the ball. Shot Scope said my average was 276 and longest was 301. With the stock OEM shaft, average was around 263. Who wouldn’t want 13 more yards just by swapping out the shafts? There is some real performance here, not just press release material.
1501EB07-986B-4E56-BE70-B507C1BFB0C2.png

I’m going to put 3 more of these shafts in the bag for testing. Ordered up new shafts for my 3W, 5W and 7W.

Really looking forward to giving them some swings.

Still have the 5F4 in my driver and seeing good results which prompted my decision to try them in all my FW.

I’m going to put 3 more of these shafts in the bag for testing. Ordered up new shafts for my 3W, 5W and 7W.

Really looking forward to giving them some swings.

Still have the 5F4 in my driver and seeing good results which prompted my decision to try them in all my FW.
This would be a great experiment. Can’t wait to hear the results.

Really stepped on a couple drives today at the range. Helium shaft really transfers the energy from me into the club head very well!

This shaft remains tragically underrated! More people should give it a chance. A guy I was paired with Sunday commented on my custom Nashville shaft. I explained how I received it and what THP was. He asked to try my driver. Absolutely loved the feel of my sha…. not gonna put me on the No Context THP thread:ROFLMAO:! He’s gonna replace the stock Motore shaft in his LTDx with a Helium.

This shaft remains tragically underrated! More people should give it a chance. A guy I was paired with Sunday commented on my custom Nashville shaft. I explained how I received it and what THP was. He asked to try my driver. Absolutely loved the feel of my sha…. not gonna put me on the No Context THP thread:ROFLMAO:! He’s gonna replace the stock Motore shaft in his LTDx with a Helium.

Its funny you bumped this just now..... I was like "is there going to be a new Helium shaft in 2023?

The UST fitting app puts me into the Helium Nanocore almost every single time, no matter what the configuration of the options, it is like the app is just screaming at me get a Helium Nanocore.

The funny thing is, my original Elements Helium driver shaft is hands down the BEST driver shaft for my game that I have ever played. Danny fit me into a HE4F3 blindly after I won a contest, and it has been bombs (for me anyways) since day 1. The main things stopping me from an upgrade? How much I love the Elements Helium, and difficulty finding the Helium on fitting carts here locally to test out.

Hey @DannyLe , this driver shaft is really good!

With my driver fitting next week, I’m interested to see if I get fitted into this one again? @DannyLe fitted us after we submitted our launch monitor numbers. I would like to compare this against the HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX and see what the differences are. I am really liking the lightweight and would be surprised if I go heavy again.

Going from a Helium to a Lin-Q is allowed right?

I’ve had a lot of success with the Helium
Nanocore. I will probably be moving into something else next season based on my fittings.

Back