New 8th green at Pebble Beach

Will be interesting to see what the end result looks like.

Might be to allow more pin positions and possibly any drainage issues.

Pretty big green if it covers all that area. Looks like it could have quite a few severe breaks to it.

Pretty big green if it covers all that area. Looks like it could have quite a few severe breaks to it.
my guess is the green would be just this area.
InkedScreen Shot 2022-05-06 at 2.29.29 PM_LI.jpg
big slopes up top bunkers? maybe.

Played it 3 weeks ago. That’s the old green being dug up. The new green is about half the size with a big ol step in the middle. Just made a hard hole a hell of a lot harder. I don’t know if the new green is there whilst they renovate the old green or whether the new green is permanent and the old green is being used for something else.

Played it 3 weeks ago. That’s the old green being dug up. The new green is about half the size with a big ol step in the middle. Just made a hard hole a hell of a lot harder. I don’t know if the new green is there whilst they renovate the old green or whether the new green is permanent and the old green is being used for something else.
Looks like just a temporary green in the front there between the bunkers.

I think they might be making the new green less severe for more hole locations. Was hearing the USGA is involved with Pebble on this one.

Looks like just a temporary green in the front there between the bunkers.

I think they might be making the new green less severe for more hole locations. Was hearing the USGA is involved with Pebble on this one.
That makes sense I guess. Even a temporary green would be better than most courses other greens LOL. The temp green was roped off so I didn’t get to play it, but I remember thinking it was a brutal end to a pretty brutal hole.

That makes sense I guess. Even a temporary green would be better than most courses other greens LOL. The temp green was roped off so I didn’t get to play it, but I remember thinking it was a brutal end to a pretty brutal hole.
I was looking for old overhead shots to see what they might be going back to. It looked like the green was much larger back in the 30s.

And yeah, that portion short of the green looks way too small, even for a temp green.

If they’re making it smaller, what the hell man? That green is already hard enough

Back