New England Members

I live in Boston and would love to meet for a round. In the summer I hit South Shore CC, Granite Links, Waverly Oaks and others, and will drive wherever for a round. Does anyone know if anything is open now for a round other than Falmouth CC? I am at my breaking point and will play even if the temperature hits the 40's. Thanks.

I got an email from South Shore CC that they were planning on opening this weekend and were accepting tee times. Might be worth it to check out.

Well this weather has slightly improved my prospects of playing in the next month haha

I got an email from South Shore CC that they were planning on opening this weekend and were accepting tee times. Might be worth it to check out.

They do plan on being open, however I would expect temporary greens on holes 3,4, and 13. 4th tee was also covered as of last Sunday when I walked. Otherwise, the course should be in decent shape for march golf in MA aside from some wear on the popular sledding areas.

Montaup CC down rt 24 in Portsmouth RI is open as long as there's no snow on the ground. It's 5 min past Fall River

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

they have been very busy these past few days and are expecting a great turnout for this weekend

Saw some people walking at Ridders on my way home tonight. Chomping at the bit!!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the weather will brighten for the weekend. Man it was raw and ugly this morning. Hoping I can get out Sunday

It's pretty crazy that I have the option of driving a couple hours north, where they just had 2 feet of snow to go skiing, or a bit south where it's going to be 60 on Saturday to play golf. New England is a crazy place.

Hitting South Shore this afternoon with a few friends. Only 14 holes open but better than another Saturday losing my mind on the couch. Will report back on how it goes...

Hitting South Shore this afternoon with a few friends. Only 14 holes open but better than another Saturday losing my mind on the couch. Will report back on how it goes...
Hope you got out.... Weather was beautiful yesterday

Played 27 holes on executive course at Harmon this am. Froze my a$$ off and realized my short game needs work.

Played 27 holes on executive course at Harmon this am. Froze my a$$ off and realized my short game needs work.

Glad you were able to get out, envious...

Yea good to get out but an hour in the gym, 1/2 on the range = very tired/ out of sync swing.

Injured my left shoulder back in September, been nursing it all winter. I go for an MRI on Tuesday, hope to get the green light to start up again. PT and some lessons for me hopefully only a couple or three weeks and then out on the range and ready for the season. Fingers crossed......shoulder is feeling pretty good!

I hear ya on the injury... I played all last year with 'tennis elbow'. Was absolutely brutal. Got a shot in November, feels better but gets aggravated every time I swing a club or lift weights.

Went out for an (extremely cold) range session today. Worth it though, hit the ball really well.

Same here started with golfers elbow, was treating that, but kept playing found I had an impingement in my shoulder. Cortisone in the shoulder and lots of ice, we'll see on Tuesday if i avoided any rotator cuff damage.

I take my son to the indoor batting place in Fall River near McDonald's at the bottom of the Ave. There's also a new indoor place somewhere off airport rd in FR

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I live 5 mins from there cool

Anyone playing this weekend? If so what course?

montaup cc or maybe poquoy

montaup cc or maybe poquoy

I'll be down at Montaup after work today practicing for a bit and hope to play 18 there tomorrow as well. Are you a member there?

I'll be down at Montaup after work today practicing for a bit and hope to play 18 there tomorrow as well. Are you a member there?

negative. just doing my part to keep your dues very low. lol i hear, at least before last night, the course was in great shape. i think i heard tee boxes this weekend???

Planning on playing tomorrow if anyone is interested. Just got back from a week of play in florida so it will be an adjustment. Looking to play widows walk or crosswinds most likely.

Played South Shore last Saturday. Course was in good shape, all things considered, with probably 3-4 temporary greens. Now I want to play every weekend.

Warmer weather for the win!!!

Back