New England Members

Was just thinking about it, if we book Saturday we'll have a ton of choices, Red Tail, Shining Rock, Newton Comm, you know all the greats.

Let's talk tomorrow night and decide on one and i'll book it Saturday

Works for me, my vote is for either red tail or shining rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some holes are stupidly tight for my eye (13 is the main one), par 3's were way too long when it first opened (though they have fixed that a little bit), too penal around some greens, no driving range. I could go on and on. WCBM and I played out there one time, I think we both were convinced after the round that we wouldn't go back there. It's just a very odd mix of holes to me that doesn't flow really well.

I really enjoy the course but to charge the money they do and not have a range is kind of ridiculous

I really enjoy the course but to charge the money they do and not have a range is kind of ridiculous

Some holes are stupidly tight for my eye (13 is the main one), par 3's were way too long when it first opened (though they have fixed that a little bit), too penal around some greens, no driving range. I could go on and on. WCBM and I played out there one time, I think we both were convinced after the round that we wouldn't go back there. It's just a very odd mix of holes to me that doesn't flow really well.

Agreed about the range or lack thereof.

Valid arguments, best/fastest greens IMO though.

Need to get back out to Blackstone been a couple of years.

Works for me, my vote is for either red tail or shining rock.

Let's plan on The Tail, i bet shining rock has the cheaper rates longer than red tail will.

Carpool? What time should we get there for the challenge

Let's plan on The Tail, i bet shining rock has the cheaper rates longer than red tail will.

Ya I'm down for both. But I thought we were doing the challenge this Saturday at shaker hills.

Ya I'm down for both. But I thought we were doing the challenge this Saturday at shaker hills.

Haha my bad 2 different thoughts.

1). I'll book Red Tail for Next Saturday this Saturday

2) carpool for shaker? What time should we leave to do the challenge? How long will we need?

Haha my bad 2 different thoughts.

1). I'll book Red Tail for Next Saturday this Saturday

2) carpool for shaker? What time should we leave to do the challenge? How long will we need?

Yes we can carpool for shaker. I want to get there at least an hour before to hit the range, short game area and the putting green.

Yes we can carpool for shaker. I want to get there at least an hour before to hit the range, short game area and the putting green.

Sounds good, anything else we need to do? Dry cleaning, grocery store haha

Amol and I played Blackstone at the end of the year. The greens had been aerated, but still rolled surprisingly well. Our cart also stopped working, which is probably my only knock on the place.

Agreed about the range or lack thereof.

Valid arguments, best/fastest greens IMO though.

Need to get back out to Blackstone been a couple of years.

I've never been to Blackstone, we need to get there before I leave.

Anyone have any connections at Blue Hill CC?

What are you trying to do?

I can see the course from my new office. would love to find out if I can get a range/practice area membership

Just finished 45 holes...I'm smoked. I need to rally, on my way to Mohegan for Toyota banquet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just finished 45 holes...I'm smoked. I need to rally, on my way to Mohegan for Toyota banquet.

How did you like Blackledge??

Nice track but too many dogleg left holes...lol

I can see the course from my new office. would love to find out if I can get a range/practice area membership

I don't believe they do. I did the member for a day last year and they're the best deal for a club but they want you to do full membership including the pool. call or pm with questions.

Range and practice area were okay not the best when I was there.

Brookmeadow has a decent range, hey have a members grass area to the right that might be a better deal.

Happy that you're closer so we can get more golf in

I don't believe they do. I did the member for a day last year and they're the best deal for a club but they want you to do full membership including the pool. call or pm with questions.

Range and practice area were okay not the best when I was there.

Brookmeadow has a decent range, hey have a members grass area to the right that might be a better deal.

Happy that you're closer so we can get more golf in

Thanks Buddy! I'll be in touch once I get settled in

When I worked there, it seemed that they were more on the exclusive side.

Ponkie finished the restoration of Course 1 - if that's in nice shape that should be a FANTASTIC layout to play.

Getting my length back..tee ball on #10 316 from the whites...
7f1eeb76b8e1ce851b69d562bdf2b8a9.jpg

133 to 14"
78b818126b8011590d96b77655230bb7.jpg

These (especially that second one!) would be great to share in the Live Round Thread.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?33292-THP-Live-Round-thread!/page700

When I worked there, it seemed that they were more on the exclusive side.

Ponkie finished the restoration of Course 1 - if that's in nice shape that should be a FANTASTIC layout to play.

Great point. That restored 9 should be in fantastic shape. Thx for the reminder!

Atlantic in Plymouth opens Saturday.
Pembroke opens Saturday as well.

Back