New England Members

We should try and get a get together going this year.

I played Acushnet River Valley today, it was pretty dried out unfortunately and CPO. They also turned the par 4 on the back 9 that abuts the neighborhood into a par 3 for some reason. Greens were extremely slow, on the good side drives had a LOT of rollout with how dry the fairways were but overall I can't think of ever seeing that course in this condition. Hopefully we get some much needed rain soon and conditions improve.

I played Sassamon, 9 holes in Natick. Some parts were pretty patched and the water hazard was half dried out. Otherwise, love that was the old landfill, converted to a 9 hole. I think they should include a garbage can on their logo.
Heard good things about Unicorn Golf course (another 9 hole).

Going out to ButterBrook today its gonna be another steamy day

I played Sassamon, 9 holes in Natick. Some parts were pretty patched and the water hazard was half dried out. Otherwise, love that was the old landfill, converted to a 9 hole. I think they should include a garbage can on their logo.
Heard good things about Unicorn Golf course (another 9 hole).

I played a ton of rounds there when I was in college in Framingham. Fun layout.

Hooper up in NH is a hidden gem. Some of you might be interested in this.... looks like a good time. I'm nor going but this course is high on my list to play.

Hooper up in NH is a hidden gem. Some of you might be interested in this.... looks like a good time. I'm nor going but this course is high on my list to play.

Have played that course a couple times and very much enjoyed it.

nine holes thats not that tough, clubhouse is nice. plenty within 45 min that are much better.

nine holes thats not that tough, clubhouse is nice. plenty within 45 min that are much better.

Part of my interest is its reputation as one of the top 9 hole layouts in the US. I know its not long, but I like historic courses.

9A4C4A32-89E3-44F6-B952-501DABF2B8FD.jpegF1E5DC27-7413-498E-AD40-271C16CC65F3.jpeg
Popped down before the massive Hanse renovation closes it down for 2-3 years. Pro shop told me they’re loooking at 250-275 price range for out of state guests. Amazing McDonald / Raynor layout but needs love. Conditions were pretty poor for 125 bucks but glad I got one shot at the course. A total driving time of 5 hours and the price tag (with 2 young kids under 3 at home) makes this a rare trip.

9E791FF5-F126-4956-B293-985832163185.jpeg

for those interested in history without the expense of either private membership or high green fees… Marion Golf doesn’t disappoint. 45 bucks all day play is a steal. Designed by George Thomas … this was the first track he designed in the US. While I haven’t played North Berwick, it’s said many of the stone walls that guard greens are under direct influence at Marion. He later went on to design Riviera / Bel Air….Not bad!
96412143-7768-4021-B535-9B44CD1175FA.jpeg

Have to say Chemawa in North Attleborough is in great shape. Only brown areas are patches of rough on the tree lines and they have been running sprinklers and hose lines the last few times we were there. Good deal too. (The teens working maintenance must feel like they're on the volunteer FD running all these hoses all over the place)

For real laidback, but a well kept course- Blackmount Country Club, North Haverill, NH. Nice 9 hole. The owners sold off part of their farm and converted this parcel to the 9 hole. Club house is more of an old ski lodge style- no food, Judy some drinks. But the course is fun.

Jezus It is August and I haven't Played with a THPer yet this year. Something has to change!

View attachment 9108188View attachment 9108189
Popped down before the massive Hanse renovation closes it down for 2-3 years. Pro shop told me they’re loooking at 250-275 price range for out of state guests. Amazing McDonald / Raynor layout but needs love. Conditions were pretty poor for 125 bucks but glad I got one shot at the course. A total driving time of 5 hours and the price tag (with 2 young kids under 3 at home) makes this a rare trip.

Played there a long time ago in College. Remember the ladders in some of those huge deep bunkers.

For real laidback, but a well kept course- Blackmount Country Club, North Haverill, NH. Nice 9 hole. The owners sold off part of their farm and converted this parcel to the 9 hole. Club house is more of an old ski lodge style- no food, Judy some drinks. But the course is fun.
Never played it but I've heard from several people that's it's pretty fun.

Jezus It is August and I haven't Played with a THPer yet this year. Something has to change!

Swing out to Great Barrington....I've had an open invitation on this board all year!

Wyantenuck CC

2019_05_005.jpg

Swing out to Great Barrington....I've had an open invitation on this board all year!

Wyantenuck CC

2019_05_005.jpg
@NEhomer Wow that is a Beautiful course!!!
I always wondered where Stockbridge was after hearing that JT song.
PM sent.

I've been playing a lot at Milton Hoosic in Canton this year since i'm working up there now. Beautiful 9 hole course built in 1891 and designed by Willie Park Jr. It's definitely a "family" club with a pool and tennis courts. It's not a long or tricky course but the greens are fast and hilly! I enjoy the layout and its generally not too crowded so plenty of time to get out and golf, even on weekends. If anyone is in the area and wants to get out and play some golf just let me know!

It's a little sad that a lot of New England members who used to post on here regularly are MIA!

It's a little sad that a lot of New England members who used to post on here regularly are MIA!
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day But I know that Life can get in the way and sometimes you have to focus on things other than golf.
I quit when my kids were young.

Still I have gotten to meet some awesome people here, Like you @greg19 @rlefig @dduarte85 and some of the missing. I hope they will pop back up at some point.

Tell the ones you love how you feel, Life is short!

Part of my interest is its reputation as one of the top 9 hole layouts in the US. I know its not long, but I like historic courses.

For "historic"try Crotched Mountain in Francestown. Front nine Donald Ross design, short but tricky. Great food at the Tavern too.

1804FF63-BC31-41ED-A1CD-D1C75FAF41D0.jpegDACB7A4F-817A-441E-9466-49C4CB978A92.jpeg
Wianno Club down in Osterville. Firm and fast today! Maybe the best logo in the state, definitely top 3.
Amazing track. Hard to get on but they do have events there for NES or Greater Tour if you really want to play.

Back