New England Members

would love to but away this week in DC

Anyone around the Plymouth area up for a round of golf this week? Looking for some people to play with while I'm in the area!

Played Pinehills Jones Tuesday. Weird round, holed out from 145 on the first for eagle, then had around 7 bunker shots on the next 3 holes. :eek:

Let's just say I should have quit after #1. :ROFLMAO:

Course is in great shape.

Played Pinehills Jones Tuesday. Weird round, holed out from 145 on the first for eagle, then had around 7 bunker shots on the next 3 holes. :eek:

Let's just say I should have quit after #1. :ROFLMAO:

Course is in great shape.

I remember the two times I played the Jones course years ago I spent a LOT of time in the bunkers........like I played right into Jones's hands......fairway bunker off the tee.....go for green, end up in bunker short in front of green then promptly heard a voice in my head say "should have laid up and taken your medicine".......rinse repeat........

Last edited:
Calling all my fellow New England golfers! I have a Short Par 4 bag that I am looking to sell. It would be easy to pick up!

Looking for two THPers to join my son and I in central Connecticut Sunday afternoon at 3pm for a round. I don't normally play this late on Sunday but tied up in the morning. Have a foursome booked. Course is Lyman Orchard GC in Middlefield, CT. Let me know.

Just Dropping in to say hi. SE CT here

Warwick, RI here to say Hi!

I think I'm the only member from Maine............LOL

Central Ma here!
We should do something at Conn National next year!

Last edited:
Blackstone, MA here. Had a bit of a down year with a lot going on, but setting my sights on playing more regularly in 2024!

In Portsmouth RI. Happy to attend something.

Played this week down in RI, amazing how an hour south changes things. Said it was supposed to be 37-38 degrees but after a few swings I felt completely fine.

For some reason in the Spring 37-40 degrees is fine with me, but once I put the clubs away in early October and switch hobbies, I don't even think about what courses are open for winter play........

Given the weather pattern changes, I would imagine southern New England will be more "winter golf friendly" in the coming years........

Played this week down in RI, amazing how an hour south changes things. Said it was supposed to be 37-38 degrees but after a few swings I felt completely fine.
What Course did you play?

I played Marion Golf Club on Saturday and they had greens open. Tees were closed.

My buddies played Acushnet River Valley on Sunday which I couldn't make. I know that Allendale in Dartmouth is still open.

I played Marion Golf Club on Saturday and they had greens open. Tees were closed.

My buddies played Acushnet River Valley on Sunday which I couldn't make. I know that Allendale in Dartmouth is still open.
Allendale is doing $35 and pizza after 2:00 special…

Back