New England Members

Allendale is doing $35 and pizza after 2:00 special…

There is only enough light for 9 holes at that time. The pizza add on is nice though. We played a week ago and it was $45 each to walk.
Allendale still looks to be in great shape, I pass by a couple of times per week. Almost always some folks out there. I'll be by there in a few days to drop off the check and paperwork for our annual scramble there.

Allendale still looks to be in great shape, I pass by a couple of times per week. Almost always some folks out there. I'll be by there in a few days to drop off the check and paperwork for our annual scramble there.

It was a little wet the day I played but not bad. The greens are really good for December. They will probably get a little snow over the weekend but it is going to warm up net week.

I have been off the grid for a while as my kids schedule and my side business has me so busy that golf took a back door. Is the N.E. following dropping off? I played in a gathering at Red Tail like 2013-2014, all great guys and I am not seeing anyone's user handle that looks familiar.

I have been off the grid for a while as my kids schedule and my side business has me so busy that golf took a back door. Is the N.E. following dropping off? I played in a gathering at Red Tail like 2013-2014, all great guys and I am not seeing anyone's user handle that looks familiar.

I have only been here since 2018 and don't recall seeing a local gathering in that time. I will admit I play about 99% of my golf at the club I am a member at.

Never a big fan of Allendale. Heard they’ve been struggling more and more over the years. Glad it’s in decent shape.

Never a big fan of Allendale. Heard they’ve been struggling more and more over the years. Glad it’s in decent shape.

I think it is a pretty good layout with interesting green complexes. I do like that they pretty much stay open year round. Generally I have found the greens to be pretty good. The fairways and tees not quite as good. I played there a couple of weeks ago before the cold snap and they had 5 or 6 people out there working on the golf course in January which was good to see.

Not sure where you've heard that recently - their struggles reversed probably 3-4 years ago, if not more. Highest membership rate they've ever had right now, I could barely get our annual charity scramble booked based on their calendar.

I have only been here since 2018 and don't recall seeing a local gathering in that time. I will admit I play about 99% of my golf at the club I am a member at.
Yeah, thats sad. Great group. I wish I could remember the user names, one was like OTHIP, a really good dude!!

Are you a member at Allendale? I played there a good 14-15yrs ago, greens gave me an a** whopping with the speed and pitch. A kid I used to be friends with was a member at the time, we parted ways so haven't been back.

Yeah, thats sad. Great group. I wish I could remember the user names, one was like OTHIP, a really good dude!!

Are you a member at Allendale? I played there a good 14-15yrs ago, greens gave me an a** whopping with the speed and pitch. A kid I used to be friends with was a member at the time, we parted ways so haven't been back.

I am not a member at Allendale I play at a different course down on the South Coast.

Anything still open?
There is a couple in Rhode Island and SE CT that stay open year round. I played one a couple weeks ago when we had the 50° temperatures

North Kingstown Golf Course in RI stays open all winter, weather and snow on the ground permitting. Best to call to make sure before heading there, however.

I played Allendale last Saturday. It was very wet but the greens were still open. It certainly beat not playing golf.

Anyone going out this weekend, Supposed to be 50° F in my area

Got out for the first round of the year yesterday up at Windham CC. As you would expect it was super soggy in spots. It was the first round using the Alphard electric cart. I did notice a difference in my energy level not pushing a cart. Round contained way too many doubles as my tempo was a mess. That happens not hitting any balls over the winter. I was pleasantly surprised that the short game was actually pretty good. It was great to get out. Anyone looking to get out mid week hit me up.

Courses in Maine are just opening up starting yesterday.
More this weekend, and more next week.

Easy winter = Early golf season

MA/RI what do we have available for "golf tours"? I am familiar with the New England series and "golf the tour boston." are there others?

Any recommendations on getting fit for a new driver in New England? I’m in central MA so the closer the better

MA/RI what do we have available for "golf tours"? I am familiar with the New England series and "golf the tour boston." are there others?

Most RI golfers use RIGA. Which lets club members play in tournaments around the state. Only open to participating club members in RI. But great private
courses available

Wanted to hop on and join the thread as a RI golfer!

Club was supposed to open 4/5.......me thinks this storm will change that plan.......going to be a later start this year......

We have our usual “False Spring”. We opened March 12, had a warm day… it was like “Flies around a garbage can”… every tee time on a Thursday sold out. Since then it’s been cold, windy and wet. Been closed half the time.

Any recommendations on getting fit for a new driver in New England? I’m in central MA so the closer the better
There are plenty within an hour or so of Worc but it depends how in depth of a fitting your looking for.
.... from closest:
Golfers Warehouse in Auburn. Less detailed fitting
Club Champion that just opened in Northboro. Theres also one in Needham and warwick, Ri.
Spargo in RI
True Spec in Waltham, MA
GolfTec in Natick along with PGA Superstore right next door.
GolfTec in Cranston,Ri right next door to another Golfers Warehouse.

Good luck

Got out for the first round of the year yesterday up at Windham CC. As you would expect it was super soggy in spots. It was the first round using the Alphard electric cart. I did notice a difference in my energy level not pushing a cart. Round contained way too many doubles as my tempo was a mess. That happens not hitting any balls over the winter. I was pleasantly surprised that the short game was actually pretty good. It was great to get out. Anyone looking to get out mid week hit me up.
windham CC tough narrow course

Back