planewood

Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
I started caddying for Dad at 8 yrs. old and learned the game from him. I was able to play a last round with him at 24 years old - he passed away 2 days later - playing a round with his buddies in his regular Tuesday night league at work. Then a 30+ year hiatus while raising kids and tending to life. I got back into it a year ago and can't get enough. I'll be 65 this year and realized that my body can't do what my brain thinks it can. I'll never have that power back I once had - and I'm OK with that. I play differently now than I did back when.

I purchased a set of Tommy Armour 845s last year when I picked up the game and should have stayed with them. Instead, I was fitted for a set of Cleveland irons and a driver. I should have spent more time grooving a swing before being fitted, but there it is. So I'm hitting the Clevelands but re-gripping the TAs and using them as well. I also have 1,3,4, and 5 persimmon woods that I love to hit, but my buddies think I'm crazy to use them. But the sound and the feel when you smooth a hit with them - priceless!

Also, I acquired a set of 1976 Wilson Staff blades (2-PW) which I will re-shaft, re-groove, re-grip, and use as my gamers. The heads are in fantastic shape and this is the iron I learned to play with. Working on clubs has become a nice hobby along with my lifelong passion for woodworking - hence the nickname planewood.

Chuck

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP. I have a set of 845s that I keep around and play on occasion.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP. When you're ready for some real fun. Check out the AZTHP group. We get together once a month. ;)

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum,

You’re in the right community!
Welcome to THP

Welcome

Welcome to THP.

Sounds like you're ready for a great ride, blades and blocks baby! As another newcomer, welcome. :wavey:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP. As for the woods, and even the old blades, you play you!

Welcome! I hope to meet you in AZ someday

Thank you one and all for the well wishes. And I will certainly check out the AZTHP!

Back