New Member from Bay Area California

Welcome aboard!!! Looking forward to seeing how your game progresses.

San Jose Muni is a great golf course for beginners. I also like Santa Teresa down in South San Jose. Santa Teresa also has a 9-hole “Short Course” which is great to learn on.

Best of luck!

I’m actually going there this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and enjoy the journey! We enjoyed living in NorCal for 20 years and had a house in Los Gatos until 2018 when we relocated back to Minnesota.

Los Gatos is a great area, love heading there for a nice lunch.

Welcome to the THP community! Get active and you will learn and get to know a lot of good people here.

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are having a fantastic day!

I’m originally from San Diego, CA, but I’m currently living in San Jose, CA. Wife’s work brought us up here and I’m working remote now.

Anyhow, been playing golf on and off for about 4 years, but still can’t really even hit the ball straight. Recently, the wife and I have been playing a lot lately and now I’m signed up for lessons and am looking to buy my first real set.

Just here to hopefully learn from you all.

Have a great evening!

welcome! there a few bay area THP-ers here. I'm in tri-valley (Dublin) and play out of Las Positas

In Los Gatos, check out the Testarossa winery. Tell them that Bob Long sent you. You should be treated well.

In Los Gatos, check out the Testarossa winery. Tell them that Bob Long sent you. You should be treated well.
Testarossa is awesome

Welcome to THP.

I want to second vintagebob's suggestion. Santa Teresa has a really popular beginner's program. I think you and your wife would enjoy it. Also, there is an executive course in San Jose that is a good track while you are learning the game. It's called Rancho del Pueblo and is on King Road off I-280 just east of the Hwy. 101 intersection.

Back