New Orleans golf 3/5

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I have planned a quick trip to New Orleans next weekend. I’ve got Saturday after lunch to play golf while the wife does her spa appointments. @j_sizzle9 or anyone else in the area up for a round? Suggestions for a course? TPC? English Turn?

@bbanksp1, I see that you may be from New Orleans. Might you be up for playing on Saturday?

I'll be in town for the weekend. Maybe my next time down, we can get some folks together.

Watching this... I'll be in NOLA over spring break (3/20-3/23) for a conference and looking to get a round setup on the 20th. Maybe with clients... maybe not.

Would love to play the TPC course... but not sure I can convince the bosses that it's a necessary business expense ;)

Thinking Audubon, Lakewood, Stonebridge or City Park South. I'll probably be renting clubs since the company booked me on United.

Glad you’ll be coming down…missed Mardi Gras by a week! New Orleans isn’t a great golf town unfortunately.

TPC is the nicest course and where the Zurich Classic is. Event coming up in mid April so it should be in really good shape. Bayou Oaks at City Park is the local muni, the South Course is the Championship course abs usually in good shape but gets a ton of play. English Turn is a great option, semi private, designed by Jack Nicklaus abs where the tour event used to be. I also like Audubon for an “in the city” executive course.

My home club isn’t allowing guests right now as we just finished a reno, but if you come in town again, not during tax season, I’d love to take you out.

My wife and I have planned a quick trip to New Orleans next weekend. I’ve got Saturday after lunch to play golf while the wife does her spa appointments. @j_sizzle9 or anyone else in the area up for a round? Suggestions for a course? TPC? English Turn?
Played TPC Louisiana a couple months ago on a business trip. Awesome course!! Highly recommended. And a chance to play a PGA Tour course.

Glad you’ll be coming down…missed Mardi Gras by a week! New Orleans isn’t a great golf town unfortunately.

TPC is the nicest course and where the Zurich Classic is. Event coming up in mid April so it should be in really good shape. Bayou Oaks at City Park is the local muni, the South Course is the Championship course abs usually in good shape but gets a ton of play. English Turn is a great option, semi private, designed by Jack Nicklaus abs where the tour event used to be. I also like Audubon for an “in the city” executive course.

My home club isn’t allowing guests right now as we just finished a reno, but if you come in town again, not during tax season, I’d love to take you out.
I’ve been hearing good things about the the reno at Metairie but mostly from people who don’t really play that much. I played there growing up and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the new course.

@Parrot where did you end up playing? I'll be booking soon for my Sunday round.

@Parrot where did you end up playing? I'll be booking soon for my Sunday round.
I didn't play. Decided a day or two before our trip to do the WW2 Museum. If I had played, it would've been at TPC Louisiana.

I’ve been hearing good things about the the reno at Metairie but mostly from people who don’t really play that much. I played there growing up and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the new course.

Im loving the reno. Plenty of room off the tee, green are big but very undulating, allows multiple paths to the whole many times (ie can putt from many sports off green), but get in wrong spot out of position and short game is tough. Many tight lies. I have loved playing it!

Now just need to make it through tax season so I can enjoy it more.

Back