new set of wedges

I have the 50, 54, 58 Nickent set in route from Rock Bottom, with free shipping. Too much of a deal to pass up. Can't wait, if the setup is successful I'll carry the three wedges and change up my irons.

I have the 50, 54, 58 Nickent set in route from Rock Bottom, with free shipping. Too much of a deal to pass up. Can't wait, if the setup is successful I'll carry the three wedges and change up my irons.

I was able to pick up the gunmetal's today too. I didn't realize the Satin came in those lofts but I'm really excited about these. The reviews were very positive and for the price can't beat it.

birthday is on Friday and the wife is "letting" me get a new set of wedges! looking for 52,56 and 60 degrees. I have scoured the web and THP site for reviews and have narrowed it down to two. the Cleveland CG14 and the Nickent Arc. money wise I found a dealer on ebay who can get me the CG14 Black Pearl for $75 apiece with +1 length and 2 up lie like my irons. the Nickent Arc I found on ebay at rockbottomgolf for only $29.99 a piece for either finish but their standard length and lie. of course cost wise I am leaning towards the Nickent Arc. was hoping to get some feedback on both sets pros and cons?

thanks fellow THP'ers!! :blob:

Hi - I bought 2 sets of these (Satin and GunMetal) from Rockbottom, and would be willing to sell a set to you for what I paid ($60 + about $8 shipping). I am in Tampa and can probably meet you somewhere.

PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Hi - I bought 2 sets of these (Satin and GunMetal) from Rockbottom, and would be willing to sell a set to you for what I paid ($60 + about $8 shipping). I am in Tampa and can probably meet you somewhere.

PM me if interested.

Thanks!

That is great news. You could meet up at the THP outing in a couple of weeks if you would like...hehe

That is great news. You could meet up at the THP outing in a couple of weeks if you would like...hehe

Yes, I would love to be there. But my wife is organizing a charity event for the foundation she works for on that Sunday, and she advised me it would not be in my best interest to be out of town the day before:beat-up:

I'm bummed I am going to miss this - it will be a great time.

But the offer stands for anyone, if you need a set let me know.

hey ddelise really appreciate the offer but I ended getting a better deal, but I will ask my friends to see if anyone else is interested. thanks again...

hey ddelise really appreciate the offer but I ended getting a better deal, but I will ask my friends to see if anyone else is interested. thanks again...

Sounds good - just let me know.

I'll keep them for a week or two and then send back if nobody is interested.

hey ddelise did you list them in the market place thread too?

Received my set today, very nice. I was not expecting to receive the clubs with Golf Pride grips, I hope they can be saved when the clubs are lengthened.

I got my Nickent Arc wedges today in Gunmetal 50,54,58. I love the way they look, the grooves seem sharp and the golf pride grips are a nice touch. Lot's of snow here at the moment but I should get the chance to game them this weekend.

I got my Nickent Arc wedges today in Gunmetal 50,54,58. I love the way they look, the grooves seem sharp and the golf pride grips are a nice touch. Lot's of snow here at the moment but I should get the chance to game them this weekend.

Have you had a chance to hit them yet? Mine should be here anyday....

I was able to finally hit these wedges today. Went to a local indoor golf facility with my bro, today is going to be a busy day with work and family so we needed something that wouldnt take too long..

I bought the Arc Gunmetal set: 50,54,58. I did have some Pinseeker wedges prior to this. It was much like hitting a blade on a full swing and I was starting to lose confidence. I did have a CG14 wedge prior to the pinseekers and hit that well. Hit those pretty good, felt more forgiving.

When the product description mentions these have cavity back like forgiveness, it is no joke. These wedges were extremely easy to hit and they felt incredible. Very soft, they had the ball grabbing and spinning even on the simulator. I did not have one bad shot with these. The chips and pitches from 30-40 out were dead on and straight. They were a perfect gap compliment for my new iron set. I could not believe how great they felt and for $60, I'm tempted to buy another set for when/if I ever wear these out.

Looks wise, the pictures dont do them justice. When I opened the box I was extremely impressed. The yellow golf pride grips were a treat too. Needless to say my BP's will be getting new grips. The clubs matched perfectly with my new CG7 BP's. Im anxious to see these when the rust starts to kick in.

I can't wait to take these on a real course. My short game has a new found confidence.

I had an opportunity to hit them yesterday as well. My current Burner AW (50°) is my 100 yard club, side by side the Nickent was very straight and consistent much more than my Burner, I found the Nickent 50° about 5 yards shorter than my Burner, but it is also over an 1" shorter. I loved the 50° for chipping, consistently straight and accurate. I then played in the sand for a bit with the 58°, but the sand was wet and heavy, hard to judge performance. The 58° shined when it came to high pitches over the bunker and onto the green from 15-25 yards out. I need to figure out how the 54° is going to fit into the equation, I'm not used to having options.

Reviews sound good so far. I unboxed mine yesterday and am hoping to swing them tomorrow. I don't know if I like the yellow grips they put on there, I would have rather seen blue or black but yellow is harsh for my eyes. Oh well, they are easy enough to change. I got the satin forged 50 54 58.

I wasnt quite sure what to think about the yellow at first.... But I have the gunmetal and they seem to match very well. Considering that color for my irons. Let us know what you think! The feel is tremendous. Very soft, yet the ball just seems to pop off the face.
Reviews sound good so far. I unboxed mine yesterday and am hoping to swing them tomorrow. I don't know if I like the yellow grips they put on there, I would have rather seen blue or black but yellow is harsh for my eyes. Oh well, they are easy enough to change. I got the satin forged 50 54 58.

Back