NFL HC Openings 2024-25

BillyBoy & Kraft to part ways this afternoon. Vrabel is probably in NE with his agent in a hotel waiting for the ink to dry on the divorce papers.
I think Mayo and or Josh McDaniels might be in play. The League is turning into a Offensive slanted league with the advent of the RPO dynamic. Maybe they go with a offensive minded coach. McDaniel was also (we think) promised the job but then Bill stuck around and he was offered the Raiders job.

It will be interesting to see if they decide to go with splitting the duties of GM and Coach or whether the next guy has those powers.

Vrabel
Mayo
McDaniel

I think Mayo and or Josh McDaniels might be in play. The League is turning into a Offensive slanted league with the advent of the RPO dynamic. Maybe they go with a offensive minded coach. McDaniel was also (we think) promised the job but then Bill stuck around and he was offered the Raiders job.

It will be interesting to see if they decide to go with splitting the duties of GM and Coach or whether the next guy has those powers.

Vrabel
Mayo
McDaniel
i agree with you on either Vrabel or Mayo. IMO JMD is just pure trash.

Vrabel
Mayo
McDaniel
Josh McDaniels has had two shots at HC and been fired inside two years both times. I could see him coming back as New England's OC, but I'll be shocked if he gets the nod for HC.

Josh McDaniels has had two shots at HC and been fired inside two years both times. I could see him coming back as New England's OC, but I'll be shocked if he gets the nod for HC.
He's done as a HC. I can't see anyone, even the Pats, giving him a shot.

Yeah, I don’t know if even the Carolina Panthers would hire McDaniels.

Yeah, I don’t know if even the Carolina Panthers would hire McDaniels.
New England would be the best possible fit for him because he's spent so much time in the organization and is so familiar with it, but his track record as a HC doesn't exactly make him a compelling candidate.

How is Eric Bieniemy not on the list of hot candidates? IMO, should get a shot at Washington.
I had originally agreed with this sentiment, in fact I had hoped they would gracefully remove Rivera to give him a shot around/after Thanksgiving.

Now, I wonder. He was a Snyder hire (not always a bad thing), but he has interviewed for a ton of HC positions over the years and never got one - he is either the worlds worst interview or there is something (I have no idea what) that leads every interview to the same end, not him.

I am inclined based on that to have him a OC for another season or 2 - unless he gets a top spot somewhere, insurance if they don't like the choice they make.

I fully expect Vrablel to take over in NE. I assume that Jacksonville is the new home of Belicheck. But, I would wonder if he was given total control might he move into Chicago (for the picks) or Carolina for the ability to start from scratch?

If he wants to be involved in coaching in the NFL. I can only see him being an OC. Doesn't have a track record to warrant a third shot.

I can see Bill B. going to the Chargers. He needs a franchise QB to be successful. Hebert is that guy.

Vrabel? I can see him landing with the Raiders or Carolina.

I think Mayo is getting the NE job.

I’m guessing Harbaugh stays in Michigan.

Last edited:
I had originally agreed with this sentiment, in fact I had hoped they would gracefully remove Rivera to give him a shot around/after Thanksgiving.

Now, I wonder. He was a Snyder hire (not always a bad thing), but he has interviewed for a ton of HC positions over the years and never got one - he is either the worlds worst interview or there is something (I have no idea what) that leads every interview to the same end, not him.

I am inclined based on that to have him a OC for another season or 2 - unless he gets a top spot somewhere, insurance if they don't like the choice they make.
here's another way to look at it, Andy Reid was the HC/Play Caller. Eric was nothing but a "yes man". He was told what to run for the weekly gameplan and had no say-so on play calling.

here's another way to look at it, Andy Reid was the HC/Play Caller. Eric was nothing but a "yes man". He was told what to run for the weekly gameplan and had no say-so on play calling.
All I’ve heard from insiders is Eric Bieniemy is not very nice to players to the point he has driven some out of the league. Not all coaches are player coaches but apparently he hasn’t figured out where the line is.

Possibly but Marky Mark has his own agenda. The Players wanted to keep Richie as their HC but MM went off the rails and hired JMD, and that didn't work out. Antonio will become a HC one day, he needs to understand the "total game" and he's just not there yet(imo). I like the guy, the players love him but.........
Local Vegas news reports are saying two teams are asking Davis for permission to interview Pierce for their vacant HC position. Typical of the media they didn't name the teams, but I think Tennessee is one of them.

Another report has Davis hiring Harbaugh for the GM job, while retaining Pierce as the HC. That would satisfy what the fans, and players want.

Patriots just hired Mayo as HC Vrabel possible to be GM.
Siranni could get whacked if Fleagles lose to Baker's Bucs

Last edited:
Dan Quinn to interview today with the Sea Chickens, IMO he leaves with a deal.
Harbaugh has another interview completed so he's spoken to the Chargers and Falcons. He's having trouble with Michigan on his contract. The school wants to "lower his buyout" but Jimmy wants it to remain. He also wants a "NO TERMINATION" clause from the University.
BillyBoy has spoken with the Falcons and nothing has been said/offered. IMO he waiting to see if JerBear will be callin.
Raiders have achieved the Rooney Rule with it's last interview with the Dallas Asst, meaning that anytime soon MarkyMark will do the right thing in hiring Antonio Pierce as HC. If this does happen, it is rumored that former AZ HC Kliff Kingsbury will be hired as OC. That being said, could the Raiders then try and trade for Kyle Murray...even though the Cards have said that he's their QB. What are your thoughts @Adam Rank ?
Browns make some moves in firing RB Coach Stump Mitchell (puzzling move IMO), TE Coach and decision to be made in firing Alex Van Pelt OC (in title only since Stafanski calls they plays-ala Andy Reid/Eric Bienemy KC days, good for him, sure he'll get another gig soon just like Stump.

JerBear gives McCarthy another year.......how long do you think he'll be the HC????? I'm thinking that if he's 2-4, 6 or under W's @ Bye week he's gone. Could be that BillyBoy just wants to take a year off since he's getting paid by Krafty. Your thoughts.....

Belichick second interview with Falcons happening. I don’t think he sits out a season. Sounds like he loves coaching too much.

Dan Quinn leaves SeaChickens without contract. Spoke with the Titans this morning.
Vrabel talking with Chargers now.

Last edited:
BillyBoy is making sure all i's are dotted and t's crossed and the $$$ & Job Description Responsibilities is correct on the ATL contract with pen in hand.........

BillyBoy is making sure all i's are dotted and t's crossed and the $$$ & Job Description Responsibilities is correct on the ATL contract with pen in hand.........
I still don't understand why he would take the Atlanta job. They aren't a complete rebuild but they aren't going to win a Division title anytime soon.

There is 0 chance Bill Belechick sits out a season. He's already in his 70's and wants Don Shula's record. Which is why going to Atlanta makes little sense to me.
Now the Chargers and Cowboys would. But the Cowboys for some stupid reason decided to keep McCarthy.

Mayo and the Pats just lost their OC Bill O'Brien, he's taking the OC @ Ohio State.

Raiders make it "Official", Antonio Pierce given HC title after "interim removal". Good move by MarkyMark.

Second interview for Jim Harbaugh in Atlanta scheduled. Falcons also did a virtual interview with Aaron Glenn, DC of the Lions. They also reached out to Vrabel. Vrabel seems like a perfect fit considering what he can do without a QB.

Back