Geezer

wub wub wub
Reaction score
Handicap
Alot
The forged ones.

Anybody have any experience with these irons. I know they are a little old now, but I am looking into getting a new set of irons and these seem to be the kind of thing I'm after and can be had relatively cheaply (by relatively, I mean they are still a rip off, but a little cheaper than the newer gear).
If so, please share. I'd also welcome comparisons to other similar sets of irons.
Any other sts out there that I could try, which might be similar? As in, smallish head, little or no offset, clean lines and a little forgiveness.

I've only demo'ed them but found them fairly tough to hit (I'm an 18 as well) with little forgiveness. I also hit the cast version of the club and found them much more forgiving. In the end I purchased Mizuno MX25's.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced set of new clubs with a thin topline and little offset have a look at the Wilson Ci7's or the Ci6's. Those are great clubs.

Nickent 4DX Pro has exactly what you are looking for. They are more forgiving than the older Nikes and much softer.

Thanks for the input guys.
The 4DX Pro looks pretty promising. And the Ci7's as well.
Only trouble with the Nickents is that I really want to get proerly fitted for this set (It'll be a first for me) but I don't think I've ever seen Nickent gear in shops around here. I guess I could look for a set online and then bring them to a fitter. Forged irons are easier to work with, right?

These can definitely be bent after the fact. Mine were when I had them earlier this year. The softest irons I had played.

I done some research and found a Nickent dealer in Naas... Quitre a trip away from me, but if these are good, it might be worth the trip just to see if I can try them out first.

I think you will find anybody that has hit these or the 3DX Pros a very big fan. Super soft and a great players cavity.

I think you will find anybody that has hit these or the 3DX Pros a very big fan. Super soft and a great players cavity.

+1 from a former skeptic and blade player. Great irons.

Back