NorCal Crew gathering at Silverado Resort

Looks like you guys had some great weather. How were the scores?

Weather was fantastic. Warm and practically no wind. The rough was brutal though. Decent course but I've definitely been spoiled by my home course

19th hole is the best hole.

680788c80d150b63f972a9841e09d00c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost more balls in play than I could even remember. Solid time out with the guys. Til next time!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Had a great time with the NorCal brethren! Welcome to the new peeps you fit right in! Looking forward to the next get together!

Great set of new guys... had a great time playing with J-Pin and ForeOnFour and I guess Manny too...

J-Pin and I spent a great deal of our time in the bunkers and searching for our lost balls. Dude was a trooper all day. Really nice guy and a great partner.

ForeOnFour you have one of smoooooooothest swings I've seen, keep that up man. You were killing it off the tee today. Another solid THP addition.

Manny, you got me this time.... never again.

Highlight of my day was having to chip between my legs when I was on the lip of a bunker. One hand on the club and the other covering my boys just in case. Shot wasn't a complete disaster but pretty funny nonetheless.

Wait and TeeItUp Norcal with a +3? Watch out So Cal!

Oh I I forgot something

8 foot birdie attempt on the short par 4, over shoot it and it rolls a good 30 yards off the green. I end up with a triple bogey. I LOVE GOLF

Lost more balls in play than I could even remember. Solid time out with the guys. Til next time!

That's ruff was like a black hole. Seen almost every ball land, get there and no ball.

Made it home, got some dinner in me and wanted to get some quick shout outs in.

To the new guys: glad I got to meet and chat with you, but wish I would have got to spend more time talking to to you guys. Hopefully we can all get together again soon!

Pliny/Mr Hicks/Time4tim: you guys are too damn generous. We had too much swag to give away, and what you guys brought was awesome!

Duffertoo: I am disappointed I didn't hear about you hitting triple digits on a certain club collection, but I am sure that update will be coming soon...

To the course: stop stealing all our f$&%ing golf balls!!! I found the one I put in the water, but lost 4 others (1 was thankfully returned by the previously mentioned DT) just in the rough. You were in great shape, the conditions could not have been better (68-69* and no wind) but that was uncool to be hoarding everybody's balls.

To Johnny Miller: in my personal opinion you are better than Jack Nicklaus... at designing golf courses, well done sir.

To my playing partners (Mr Hicksta/time4tim/Huey): I am never going to dance again, guilty feet ain't got no rhythm... I am never going to dance again, the way I did with yoooooooouuuuuuu.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

Good evening everyone, as always with the Nor Cal Crew it was a blast.

Just made it home. I had a blast playing with ForeOnFour (Eric) itsOpeningDay (Adam), and Manny.

Yeah we got to know the bunkers quite well but we blasted out most of the time.

The rough is definitely tough and it ate the balls all day long. They just disappeared. ?

A big thank you to Josh for putting this together.

It was great meeting everyone. Hope to do this again real soon.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

NorCal Crew gathering at Silverado Resort

Looks like you guys had some great weather. How were the scores?

Buzzkill.

Perfect golf weather. Not too hot, not too cold. I don't remember the last time I've never heard anyone not talk about the wind! No wind at all which was awesome. I'd definitely recommend this course to anyone in the area. I shot a 96, my best round since August so you know it was much needed.

--

It was great to meet all the new NorCal folks. Hopefully you guys can make it to future outings and our annual NorCal vs SoCal gathering.

Thoroughly enjoyed the round with Adam, Eric and John. It was definitely frustrating hitting a decent drive or shot and then not being able to find your ball. I can think of several situations where each person was affected.

I really liked the course minus the rough. Great range, short game and putting areas. I thought the course setup was pretty fair. I was particularly a fan of the greens. Came in expecting some crazy hard greens but they were also fair and rolled true. I will definitely have to check out the South course next time I'm in wine country. Thanks to Josh for getting this all set up and for everyone who donated those great prizes.

P.S. the burgerdog is legit

Here's some pictures:

0252127986c470f8cf9ce3c1c757f3fb.jpg

eff15c769a8082ba2447e9b0062a55a2.jpg

5299d536c732eb676c65ef63268bb281.jpg

d867d209210e55322784589bb5718a18.jpg

b075d06823a3e1510f5e0422395fc49e.jpg

I finally made it back to the house and stuffed my face with Chipotle. That 680 traffic was for the birds, but things settled down once I got on 101. Bottom line is I made it back safely, so onto the recap!

ForeOnFour/J-Pin/Teeitup Norcal/Justin (hurry up and join THP, dude :D) - It was great meeting you guys and hopefully our paths will cross again at another gathering. I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves!

Pliny - Thanks again for the hospitality!

DufferToo/ASN21/Brianbigoats/ItsOpeningDay - Always good to catch up with you guys, and hopefully we can get out to Bayonet and Black Horse one more time before I chuck deuces at Cali! Oh and Duffer, let's calm down with the talk about me club ho'ing until you get under 25 putters :wink:.

All in all the course was pretty solid, but my view of things is jaded since I'm a bit spoiled living in Monterey. That said, I enjoyed the course layout, friendly ricochets off trees, fantastic December weather and overall course conditions. The rough, however, was...rough. Combined with leaves on certain holes it made finding wayward tee shots difficult to say the least. I did find it odd that there were announcements on every tee box talking about Johnny Miller shooting 63 at the US Open. How self serving :wink:.

Congrats to Justin for winning closest to the pin on that ridiculous 195 yard par 3 and to time4tim for winning long drive with that beast drive on 18!

I really enjoyed the gathering today gents, and I hope to get in as many more as possible before I head east!

mr.hicksta....OUT!!!

I finally made it back to the house and stuffed my face with Chipotle. That 680 traffic was for the birds, but things settled down once I got on 101. Bottom line is I made it back safely, so onto the recap!

ForeOnFour/J-Pin/Teeitup Norcal/Justin (hurry up and join THP, dude :D) - It was great meeting you guys and hopefully our paths will cross again at another gathering. I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves!

Pliny - Thanks again for the hospitality!

DufferToo/ASN21/Brianbigoats/ItsOpeningDay - Always good to catch up with you guys, and hopefully we can get out to Bayonet and Black Horse one more time before I chuck deuces at Cali! Oh and Duffer, let's calm down with the talk about me club ho'ing until you get under 25 putters :wink:.

All in all the course was pretty solid, but my view of things is jaded since I'm a bit spoiled living in Monterey. That said, I enjoyed the course layout, friendly ricochets off trees, fantastic December weather and overall course conditions. The rough, however, was...rough. Combined with leaves on certain holes it made finding wayward tee shots difficult to say the least. I did find it odd that there were announcements on every tee box talking about Johnny Miller shooting 63 at the US Open. How self serving :wink:.

Congrats to Justin for winning closest to the pin on that ridiculous 195 yard par 3 and to time4tim for winning long drive with that beast drive on 18!

I really enjoyed the gathering today gents, and I hope to get in as many more as possible before I head east!

mr.hicksta....OUT!!!
Not going to lie, B&BH, although tough, are probably the best course conditions I have ever played. Cherish those $19 rounds Josh!

Made it home, got some dinner in me and wanted to get some quick shout outs in.

To the new guys: glad I got to meet and chat with you, but wish I would have got to spend more time talking to to you guys. Hopefully we can all get together again soon!

Pliny/Mr Hicks/Time4tim: you guys are too damn generous. We had too much swag to give away, and what you guys brought was awesome!

Duffertoo: I am disappointed I didn't hear about you hitting triple digits on a certain club collection, but I am sure that update will be coming soon...

To the course: stop stealing all our f$&%ing golf balls!!! I found the one I put in the water, but lost 4 others (1 was thankfully returned by the previously mentioned DT) just in the rough. You were in great shape, the conditions could not have been better (68-69* and no wind) but that was uncool to be hoarding everybody's balls.

To Johnny Miller: in my personal opinion you are better than Jack Nicklaus... at designing golf courses, well done sir.

To my playing partners (Mr Hicksta/time4tim/Huey): I am never going to dance again, guilty feet ain't got no rhythm... I am never going to dance again, the way I did with yoooooooouuuuuuu.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

Good evening everyone, as always with the Nor Cal Crew it was a blast.
I hate you.....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

But you love my taste in music...

I'd argue that was the highlight of the round, haha!

Josh, thanks for putting everything together! I really had a blast and look forward to playing with y'all again in January.

Roger...Guilty feet have got no rhythm...

That f'ing song is still in my head!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just played it for Vanessa. Two minutes later she's humming it, then looks at me and says, "Great." Hahaha!

Just played it for Vanessa. Two minutes later she's humming it, then looks at me and says, "Great." Hahaha!

You can tell her you are welcome for me. That is catchy damn tune...

Great playing with you guys on SAT sorry I had to run but my Wife need help with the twins

Every one in my group got to see my worst round in the last five years

Back