Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Anyone know if the temp green situation has improved at all? I'm looking at getting up there for the first time next week to play the Black.

I'll check it out this weekend. When I last went they still had the signs up.

I got an email notification in my email from Minebrook for a 4 person team tournament with the front 9 best ball and the back nine scramble. It is May 30th at 12:30 and is $50.95 which includes greens fees, cart, dinner, and prizes. Anyone interested?

The course isn't bad if it's not wet with some tricky holes.

I got an email notification in my email from Minebrook for a 4 person team tournament with the front 9 best ball and the back nine scramble. It is May 30th at 12:30 and is $50.95 which includes greens fees, cart, dinner, and prizes. Anyone interested?

The course isn't bad if it's not wet with some tricky holes.

I'm game if there is an opening. That's the day after I get my new clubs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nice I havent heard anything from anyone else. Let me send a few PMs.

Guess this is a no go? I have other offers for next Saturday so I need to know.

Guess this is a no go? I have other offers for next Saturday so I need to know.

Sorry. Its a no go.

Anyone know if the temp green situation has improved at all? I'm looking at getting up there for the first time next week to play the Black.

Red course still have 3 temp greens and the 4th is still closed. The black course is down to three temp holes, #1, 9, 11. Green course is 100%. Not sure about the yellow or blue.

I can answer about the conditions on Yellow and Blue. Both are back to 100%. According to the reservation line, Red will be 100% during this last week of May (Wed, I think) and Black will be back to 100% on Saturday.

Thanks!
Stan

Red course still have 3 temp greens and the 4th is still closed. The black course is down to three temp holes, #1, 9, 11. Green course is 100%. Not sure about the yellow or blue.

I can answer about the conditions on Yellow and Blue. Both are back to 100%. According to the reservation line, Red will be 100% during this last week of May (Wed, I think) and Black will be back to 100% on Saturday.

Thanks!
Stan

thanks for the update!!! Green was 100% when I played it last on the 14th. Been avoiding the other courses since they still had temp greens. Any water in the ball cleaners yet? Lol. Will play either Sunken Meadow or Bethpage on Thursday....weather pending.

Played Bethpage green again today. I just don't get how there are still ball cleaners without any water. Also beware that a lot of the sand traps had bees/wasps in them. One was so bad I just used the rake to fetch my ball out, as I'm highly allergic to bee stings.​

Looking forward to hitting Bethpage Red early on Sunday morning. I've been working on my short game extensively the past few weeks and I can't wait to see how it holds up.

Stan

Looking forward to hitting Bethpage Red early on Sunday morning. I've been working on my short game extensively the past few weeks and I can't wait to see how it holds up.

Stan

If you need a slot filled, I can join.

Hi! I usually play as a single so I'm more than happy to have you join me. I will send you a PM with my details and plans for Sunday. Hope that you can join me!

Stan

Not a problem, just not too early I hope :)

Hi! I usually play as a single so I'm more than happy to have you join me. I will send you a PM with my details and plans for Sunday. Hope that you can join me!

Stan

Stan

If you need a slot filled, I can join.

Just played the green again yesterday....had issues with a hook off the tee but still managed to shoot an 87. Sunday mornings are tough since I go to church, or else I'd join too. I usually play as a single too. Usually play on the weekdays but can play some Saturday's that I'm off or Sunday afternoon. If you guys ever want a slot filled let me know too.

AngryYankee...ever get your driver?

Played Bethpage green again today. I just don't get how there are still ball cleaners without any water. Also beware that a lot of the sand traps had bees/wasps in them. One was so bad I just used the rake to fetch my ball out, as I'm highly allergic to bee stings.​

It is a state run park. Bethpage is a cash cow for NYS. The employee's only really care about black and red gets a little love

[/INDENT]It is a state run park. Bethpage is a cash cow for NYS. The employee's only really care about black and red gets a little love

True. I guess I've been spoiled by Sunken Meadow State Park. It's also state run but all the courses got new washers and they're always filled with soapy water. I played it again yesterday and didn't notice the bee issue....but I also didn't end up in any sand traps lol.

Just played the green again yesterday....had issues with a hook off the tee but still managed to shoot an 87. Sunday mornings are tough since I go to church, or else I'd join too. I usually play as a single too. Usually play on the weekdays but can play some Saturday's that I'm off or Sunday afternoon. If you guys ever want a slot filled let me know too.

AngryYankee...ever get your driver?

I bought a shaft off ebay, but I wound up getting a FW X-stiff shaft. Decided to use it and it was baaaaad. Bought another one from GlobalGolf, Diamana D+, should be here Monday.

In other news, I will be playing Wednesday morning at Bethpage, don't know which course yet, but anyone is welcome. Gonna try to hit up Heartland tomorrow and possibly Brentwood CC Sunday.

I bought a shaft off ebay, but I wound up getting a FW X-stiff shaft. Decided to use it and it was baaaaad. Bought another one from GlobalGolf, Diamana D+, should be here Monday.

In other news, I will be playing Wednesday morning at Bethpage, don't know which course yet, but anyone is welcome. Gonna try to hit up Heartland tomorrow and possibly Brentwood CC Sunday.

I was just at heartland this morning for 45min working on my driver. I'm working Wednesday but if you're playing Thursday or Friday I'm down.

I was just at heartland this morning for 45min working on my driver. I'm working Wednesday but if you're playing Thursday or Friday I'm down.

I fly out Thursday for the Olde Stonewall event, won't be back until Sunday night.

Played Heartland and Brentwood CC this weekend.

Heartland was in ok condition. Tee boxes were horrible. I kept and divots everywhere. Fairway grass was long and had aeration plugs everywhere. Some of the greens were in pretty bad shape as well.

Brentwood was better, but the bunkers were trash. Half of them were missing takes, some had rocks, and one so badly neglected that it was a grass pit. Tee boxes could use a shaving as well.

Played Heartland and Brentwood CC this weekend.

Heartland was in ok condition. Tee boxes were horrible. I kept and divots everywhere. Fairway grass was long and had aeration plugs everywhere. Some of the greens were in pretty bad shape as well.

Brentwood was better, but the bunkers were trash. Half of them were missing takes, some had rocks, and one so badly neglected that it was a grass pit. Tee boxes could use a shaving as well.

If you want a short course to practice your irons, go to Dix Hills Park Golf Course. I think it's a better option than heartland as It's pretty well kept.

Got out to Bethpage Red today. I shot very poorly (104) and fought my swing all day but I'm so happy to have Red and Black back at their full glory. And what a day to play! Wow!

Going to be playing Bethpage Thursday or Friday as a single. If anyone wants to join let me know. I'm just not sure which course yet.

Looking to do a twilight run at Bethpage Black tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Back