Not Sure What to Do.

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I hope all is well and it's warm and sunny where you are. :)

I have taken the driver, fairway woods and hybrids out of my bag. I can't hit a driver and am tired of it costing me, on average, eight strokes a round (not to mention the lost golf balls). I have taken lessons, been fitted twice, but the results are consistently poor. In addition, my carry distance is only 178 yards. As to fairway woods and hybrids I duck hook those more often than not.

Last year my HI on "regular" courses was 18.3. On par three courses my HI was 5.8. I also shot a 59 on a par 60 course.

I'm not sure what to do. I can either quit golf altogether or just use my irons and play from the forward tees. I'm tired of the penalty strokes, lost golf balls, and wayward tee shots.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks for your time.

DefCon don't give up on it. Take a step back and look at the big picture. There has to be something that is going on with the longer clubs in the bag that is just a fraction out of whack. Before you throw in the towel I would like to help. Is there any way that you could shoot some video for me? Like a couple of swings from the front view and a couple from the side view? I would love the chance to help. What are your thoughts? You don't have to post it here. If this is something that you would try you can PM me and let me know, and if you like I would get you my email address and you could send it to me for some insight. What do you think?

Back