Oban Devotion HB Series Shaft

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I need to know all about this!!!! Counter balance is way in my wheelhouse lately. Mid launch and low spin... Calling it "high balance" and that price point of 190 is awesome.

shafts_devotionHB-1024x580.png

OBAN’s newly released Devotion High Balance is a game-changing addition to the popular Devotion Series, prized by Tour professionals and players of every skill level. OBAN engineers shifted the shaft’s CG (center of gravity) toward the grip end of the club to generate a prime counter balance effect. The shaft design maintains stability and symmetry throughout the golf swing, maximizing energy transfer to the ball at impact.

The Devotion High Balance is ideal for golfers seeking Mid Launch and Low Spin. The firm bend profile offers a high performance alternative for OBAN Fitters intent on optimizing today’s advanced head technology.

e7f9844b4ad7f5819636b65bc4724449.png

I've got an 8x Devo sitting in an x2hot 14* that is an absolute bomber.

I bet going CB or high balance makes it easier to transition to lighter and still feel connected.

I Iove my Devotion in my FW. These look solid, not sure I need a lower spin, but launch category certainly works for me.

I bet going CB or high balance makes it easier to transition to lighter and still feel connected.

My first thought is that this would make an awesome shaft for a Fairway wood.

Wonder how different these are compared to the original Devotion. Is it only the balance point? The specs look almost identical except launch is now Mid. Has anyone given these a run?

I'm a big fan of counter balance shafts, this one is intriguing. I don't think the properties are right for me though

Wonder how this would do with a Callaway fusion head with 12g weight at 44.5"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyoshi hb was great for me at fitting....almost as good as the HZRDUS yellow. I just saw diamond tour golf has the Kuro kage black hbp shafts discounted big time. I put up a post here go find out more about them but no replies.

For the price the kk would be worth a shot.

Reviving an older thread as I found out some details about this shaft.

Spoke to Oban about the Devotion in my driver and inability to get the swing weight to a reasonable level for me. The gentleman suggested that Devotion HB would be a good option as their engineers had tweaked the profile specifically to suit heavier heads like the G400. The balance point was moved up 2”. Oban has gotten good feedback on this and the Kiyoshi HB in the G400-like heads.

Unlikely that anyone on the forum is playing this shaft but I’m going to give it a try.

Interesting, I've been wanting to go lighter, across the board, in hopes of getting back some of the distance that time has so mercilessly stolen from me, but it's been a huge and costly failure. So I'm intrigued by your comment about CB/HB shafts and I thank you for that info!
On the iron side, I went from standard Dynamic Gold R300's, to the 98 DSTs and I was lost. But I found redemption in the Oban CT 115's. I never thought I'd spend that much on a steel iron shaft set but it was love at first swing, and I got lucky! I found a set on eBay that came in just north of $300 with great grips to boot!

Interesting, I've been wanting to go lighter, across the board, in hopes of getting back some of the distance that time has so mercilessly stolen from me, but it's been a huge and costly failure. So I'm intrigued by your comment about CB/HB shafts and I thank you for that info!
On the iron side, I went from standard Dynamic Gold R300's, to the 98 DSTs and I was lost. But I found redemption in the Oban CT 115's. I never thought I'd spend that much on a steel iron shaft set but it was love at first swing, and I got lucky! I found a set on eBay that came in just north of $300 with great grips to boot!

This is certainly something I wouldn’t mind giving a try. Digging that 75g weight stiff flex.... 🤔

This is certainly something I wouldn’t mind giving a try. Digging that 75g weight stiff flex.... 🤔

I believe I have one of these in 75g class in X flex if you want me to go digging. It might be the OG version but I definitely have one somewhere. Not sure what tip, I think it’s a Ping?

I believe I have one of these in 75g class in X flex if you want me to go digging. It might be the OG version but I definitely have one somewhere. Not sure what tip, I think it’s a Ping?
Awful thoughtful but pretty sure that X flex is going to be a bit more then I can handle!

Awful thoughtful but pretty sure that X flex is going to be a bit more then I can handle!

Me too, lol. It was a good one when I had the CHS to get max out of it though.

I wanted to try something different in my TSR2 5w than the "stock" HZRDUS Black. I found a used Oban Devotion HB with adapter from Second Swing for $59. It pretty much eliminated the block that I would sometimes hit with the PX and added a couple of yards...it's a keeper.
Seems like Oban is a very overlooked brand.

Last edited:
Back