Oban Kyoshi White

AG47

Reaction score
Handicap
PRO
I am looking for a shaft with extremely low spin and launch characteristics. This shaft seems to fit what I need but I can not find a fitter who has one in stock for testing. Has anyone tried it out?

I have gamed it and it launch @ 12* vs the Black and purple that launched at 14 & 15 respectively. I think it might fit your needs.

Oban Kyoshi White

The white is not an extremely low /low shaft more like mid/low at least in my experiences. If you are looking for extremely low/low look at something like the matrix 6/7m3 black tie. The oban devotion 7 series is pretty low as well. One thing with oban is the shaft profile can change pretty dramatically based on which weight you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gamed it and it launch @ 12* vs the Black and purple that launched at 14 & 15 respectively. I think it might fit your needs.
How would compare it to a Diamana Whiteboard? I had one in my last driver with a 9.5 degree head but had a 17.5 degree launch angle and 2800-3000 spin. I am looking for my number to be around 14 degrees and 2500 rpms of spin.

How would compare it to a Diamana Whiteboard? I had one in my last driver with a 9.5 degree head but had a 17.5 degree launch angle and 2800-3000 spin. I am looking for my number to be around 14 degrees and 2500 rpms of spin.

The white board for me launches lower than the Kiyoshi white. Can I ask what driver head this will go into?

More than likely a Titleist 913d3. We are going to be going exclusively Titleist at work and my Head Pro is working on getting both of us on the Titleist Staff so I will have to switch out everything in my bag.

If you want extremely low launch and spin I don't think the Kiyoshi White is the way to go. There are other shafts like the Black Tie, Whiteboard, Kusala Black, Speeder series that are lower launch and spin than the K. White.

The assistant pro at my club games it and he hits it pretty low.

I may have to try a tipped Whiteboard and a 7.5 or 8.5 head. After doing a little more research and punching some numbers, I am looking for my launch angle to be somewhere between 11 and 14 with my back spin numbers between 1700 and 2400. I am an extremely high spin and launch player so these numbers may be hard to get.

Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec or the Matrix Black Tie 7M3. And from the look of your sig, an x-flex in either should do the trick.

Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec or the Matrix Black Tie 7M3. And from the look of your sig, an x-flex in either should do the trick.

+1 for the Motore Speeder 7.2 in either tour or standard launched low for me. Average around 10-15 LA. The Kiyoshi White kind of got a little higher on the Launch Angle and the spin jumped about 150-200.

Tapping Away

I put in the request to my rep today. I ordered a 913D3 8.5 with an X stiff Whiteboard 72 at 45 inches and a 913Fd 13.5 with an X stiff Whiteboard 82 at 43 inches.

I've got one of these as well and it's a pretty mid ball flight for me. It's got a pretty stiff tip and mid section but the butt is a pretty soft. I don't mind this shaft at all and will probably putt it back in my Alpha at some point during the season.

Back