Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

But does the SB make the putter face balanced? I thought the DB made it face balanaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot depends on the shaft / hosel location also. That is one way putter makers can manipulate the amount of toe hang.

The difference is minimal all things being equal. I am willing to accept a minimal amount of toe hang for the cleaner look a SB gives my eye. Truth be told, I putt equally well with SB vs DB so it comes down to preference. If my Scotty putters misbehave I game my RSX Milled V-Line Fang until it goes cold on me.

The weight distribution just seems to make a difference doesn't it? I keep finding it hard to describe but it feels like the putter is "smoother" to swing.

Sounds like tempo enhancing tech at work, and it's awesome!

Sounds like tempo enhancing tech at work, and it's awesome!

I went on a buddy trip to a hockey game this weekend and my friend asked me if he were only going to buy one piece of equipment this year what it should be and the Stroke Lab was my answer. I really believe it could make a big difference for a lot of people this year.

So, sold my Scotty last night and I have been going back and forth whether I should order a Tuttle too because I have the Vegas coming and as @KEV pointed out it would be good feedback for the forum so I could compare it against the DoubleWide and give more feedback so on 1/25 I will be ordering a Tuttle. Good news is that I have a PuttOut and matt so I can roll them right after each other for some good feedback right in the comfort of my own home!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
So I've been discussing it with @KEV and I have decided to wait on the Tuttle because I love my DoubleWide sooooo much! I'll wait till after I get the Toulons we are getting in March and if I decide I would like it after that then I'll pull the trigger. I went back and forth but the DoubleWide is just so damn amazing! That being said I just got done pulling the DoubleWide out of my bag and was just staring at it in awe of how gorgeous it is and then realized I gotta get my sun room finished so I can roll this damn putter some more! Lol

So I've been discussing it with @KEV and I have decided to wait on the Tuttle because I love my DoubleWide sooooo much! I'll wait till after I get the Toulons we are getting in March and if I decide I would like it after that then I'll pull the trigger. I went back and forth but the DoubleWide is just so damn amazing!

Shhhh, don't let it out that I actually talked someone out of buying a putter!

I'm so ashamed of myself.

I have a feeling that we'll have plenty to talk about between this and the Toulon. Although there's a good chance we're talking about buying more models halfway through the season.

Shhhh, don't let it out that I actually talked someone out of buying a putter!

I'm so ashamed of myself.

I have a feeling that we'll have plenty to talk about between this and the Toulon. Although there's a good chance we're talking about buying more models halfway through the season.
Haha. But the good part now is that I get more time with both the DoubleWide and the Toulon but yes there will be plenty to talk about and I'm sure we will be talking about more versions of the strokelabs for sure. I just know also that I might not live if I have a putter show up in February and then my Toulon show up in March bc the wife knows that one is coming. Lol. I would have to grab the box off the porch and just run before she saw it lol

Haha. But the good part now is that I get more time with both the DoubleWide and the Toulon but yes there will be plenty to talk about and I'm sure we will be talking about more versions of the strokelabs for sure. I just know also that I might not live if I have a putter show up in February and then my Toulon show up in March bc the wife knows that one is coming. Lol. I would have to grab the box off the porch and just run before she saw it lol

I could easily play 3 or 4 of the models in this lineup. It's going to be tough to keep from buying anything this season.

I said it in the PM Grind thread but that wedge and this putter are what I'm most excited about this season. This one just feels different than other putters I've tried the last couple of years.

See this is the only problem about the Stroke Lab #3.

I can probably get away with bringing one club home from the demo weekend in a couple of months, which was going to be the new PM grind. Now you guys keep talking about the Stroke Lab and I'm a putter ho...

See this is the only problem about the Stroke Lab #3.

I can probably get away with bringing one club home from the demo weekend in a couple of months, which was going to be the new PM grind. Now you guys keep talking about the Stroke Lab and I'm a putter ho...
Put both clubs in one box. Will that help? Lol

I could easily play 3 or 4 of the models in this lineup. It's going to be tough to keep from buying anything this season.

I said it in the PM Grind thread but that wedge and this putter are what I'm most excited about this season. This one just feels different than other putters I've tried the last couple of years.
I will completely agree with that. These putters feel so much different. It's so smooth but the difference is hard to explain bc everything is just so fluid with these putters.

Put both clubs in one box. Will that help? Lol

She knows about too many putters as it is. If I bring another home and she starts looking around... Don't suppose I could hang out on your couch for a few days or,,,,,,,,, years?

I will completely agree with that. These putters feel so much different. It's so smooth but the difference is hard to explain bc everything is just so fluid with these putters.

Fluid is a really good word for it.

I went on a buddy trip to a hockey game this weekend and my friend asked me if he were only going to buy one piece of equipment this year what it should be and the Stroke Lab was my answer. I really believe it could make a big difference for a lot of people this year.
Totally agree with you on both the advice and the difference it could make for many golfers.

I'd love to try a few of them during a round or two. If I don't get an EXO 2-Ball, I may get a Tuttle, V-Line or Double Wide.

That double wide has my full attention right now. Not my normal shape but I’m trying something new in 2019

That double wide has my full attention right now. Not my normal shape but I’m trying something new in 2019
I really wish Toulon would do a putter in that shape (they aren't).

I really wish Toulon would do a putter in that shape (they aren't).

Eh that’s fine. I’ll give this baby a try and hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that double wide the same size as the 1W of the past, or it is bigger?

I'm just so surprised how much this putter is growing on me. I can't really put my finger on exactly what this putter does so well, but the overall package just plain works. I'm also a huge fan of the EXO insert...I can't say enough good things about it.

I'm just so surprised how much this putter is growing on me. I can't really put my finger on exactly what this putter does so well, but the overall package just plain works. I'm also a huge fan of the EXO insert...I can't say enough good things about it.
Tell them how excited you are about it. Finish this sentence: "I'm so excited about this putter I..."

This. Also, is it available with a face-balanced shaft?

Tell them how excited you are about it. Finish this sentence: "I'm so excited about this putter I..."

..moved to Carlsbad and became an American?

:alien:

..moved to Carlsbad and became an American?

:alien:

Well that would certainly be an upgrade in weather lol.

It seems to be the same size to me but I could be wrong. It's a great size and I'm kicking myself for not trying it during the fitting.

I believe I've seen a picture of a double bend shaft (which I think should be face balanced) in a Double Wide on Odyssey's website.

Question to the guys on the team - can you describe what Stroke Lab feels like? Does it even feel differently to you? What are you seeing differently on the course with Stroke Lab vs your prior gamer?

@phillyV @rogt @boder @armygolf @phil75070 @shanewu @dazeedmunds @kev @ttucliffhanger @bluehen2006 @mpeterson

Question to the guys on the team - can you describe what Stroke Lab feels like? Does it even feel differently to you? What are you seeing differently on the course with Stroke Lab vs your prior gamer?

@phillyV @rogt @boder @armygolf @phil75070 @shanewu @dazeedmunds @kev @ttucliffhanger @bluehen2006 @mpeterson

It feel like I’m putting with an extension of my arm.

Or the difference between picking up a cheap chefs knife and a high quality well balanced knife.

Control is natural with it. I don’t feel like i have to fight to keep the putter head where i want it. It just seems to flow.

Back