Official Rant of the Day

NIMBY, nothing better than seeing it on the local level. Small town politics for sure.
The thing that really churns me is these are all people who have moved here in the last 5-8 years. Their biggest compliant is the dust and erosion the ATVs will cause, I lost it after hearing that 4 times out of 1 lady's mouth. I stood up and told her maybe she should slow the eff down when she goes by my house doing 50 mph and tell her kids that I have pulled out of the ditch cause they slid off the road doing 65-70 mph to slow the f down! Needless to say, I was tired and hangry after working all day! 😎

Misery loves company! Not bad for my yard and garden, but finally had some time to get out and golf and this weather is putting a damper on it. Bummer...

It'll be done before we know it, and here's to some more golf!

I guess you’re with Bart Scott:

That gif fits for so many various scenarios, this one definitely included!

It cracks me up every time I post that gif. From the look on Sal Palantonio’s face to the fact that it’s the Jets (who haven’t won since the days of Joe Namath -Super Bowl III in 1969) just do it for me.

Just two small gripes, maybe not really rants.

We are getting rain like many right now and we need it. However, it's a bit cold and I have a 7:30 tee time for our spring buddy tournament and it's going to be wet and roughly 43 degrees...brrr

Also, apparently something screwy happened with our round reporting system (Indiana blue golf) and though the 4 rounds I've played coming back from my broken leg show up correctly 99, 101, 103, 98 there is a random 80 on a day I didn't play and I can't get ahold of anyone to see about a fix for it. Weird.

You know Mike Rowe's "Dirty Jobs" series? About a year ago I drove 3 hours to commission some equipment we had supplied to a low-income housing facility. Some type of animal had gotten into one of the units and chewed it's way to about $1000 damage.

Fast forward to yesterday when I get a phone call; 3 out of the 4 units we supplied now have animal damage. 2 units are on the 7th floor and the other 2 are on the 17th. I can figure out what parts need to be replaced, and take care of the replacement, but maybe you want to think about some kind of rodent control???

Resized_20210528_140837.jpg

Those gotta be rats! Much too big to be mice nests.

Work travel...first trip back on the road in over a year & I’m over it already & I haven’t even boarded yet.

Edit: Rant just amplified 10x, seated in Comfort with a screaming 1 yr old next to me. Help!!! Thank goodness it’s a short flight to Atlanta.

It can’t get any worse right?

It could. The kid might crap it's diaper, and the Mom has an impaired sense of smell!

No, you are most definitely not alone. Some companies do well with their commercials where I want to try their stuff. PXG had the opposite effect. It is almost as bad as the old Quizno’s rodent commercials. I liked Quizno’s before that campaign.
View attachment 9009444

Quizno's opened a few outlets in our area during their expansion, and they failed miserably! I never saw those commercials, and don't know where they aired, but Quizno's was out of here in a heartbeat!

The thing that really churns me is these are all people who have moved here in the last 5-8 years. Their biggest compliant is the dust and erosion the ATVs will cause, I lost it after hearing that 4 times out of 1 lady's mouth. I stood up and told her maybe she should slow the eff down when she goes by my house doing 50 mph and tell her kids that I have pulled out of the ditch cause they slid off the road doing 65-70 mph to slow the f down! Needless to say, I was tired and hangry after working all day! 😎

My buddy went through that. He lived in a rural township in southern Mahoning Co. We'd saddle up his horses, ride down the side of the road, and delve off into the woods to check out some places he knew. It was wonderful! Then, the urbanites began to move in and demand that things be done their way! Like shooting guns! My buddy called them "transplants"!

One day, we were sighting in our rifles in his 2 1/2 acre pasture, which was well over 100 yards deep. I had my .243, he had his .270 and 30-06. But, just to pi** off the transplants, he hauled out his Ruger .335 Win Mag! That thing made the ground shake! Of course, the transplants called the cops, and they showed up.

My buddy informed them that, as a township, they had no right to prohibit the use of firearms on private property. He was well versed in the law. The cops had to go to the complainants and tell them that there was nothing that they could do!

Ordered 4 yards of wood mulch for the back yard on Tuesday. It showed up at 3:30 pm on Friday, and I promptly ran out of landscape fabric by 5:30 lol.
Project halted after a solid hour of work. Re-stocked and ready to get back at it tomorrow. Hopefully have it all moved out of the driveway by the end of the day tomorrow so I can get vehicles out.

You know Mike Rowe's "Dirty Jobs" series? About a year ago I drove 3 hours to commission some equipment we had supplied to a low-income housing facility. Some type of animal had gotten into one of the units and chewed it's way to about $1000 damage.

Fast forward to yesterday when I get a phone call; 3 out of the 4 units we supplied now have animal damage. 2 units are on the 7th floor and the other 2 are on the 17th. I can figure out what parts need to be replaced, and take care of the replacement, but maybe you want to think about some kind of rodent control???

View attachment 9009978
As a pest control operator, I endorse this message.

We had a lady that called us for a wildlife/rodent consultation about two years ago. We assessed her situation, told her the severity of the problem and the cost to remedy the issue. She decided that the exclusion work would be too expensive (about $2500-3000) and that she would pass.

She just contacted us last week because she is trying to cash in on the real estate boom and sell the property. The realtor and inspector told her that the, now massive, rodent damage and control issue would have to be resolved before she could sell the home. Her bill is now 21K and we start the job on Monday.

Here's your sign............

I asked some THPers to send some rain our way, well it came on a day I was planning to get out for a round. Got what I asked for, so next time I'll be more specific on the date and time the rain can show up :ROFLMAO:
And now it's cold af

It's May 29th and I'm waiting out a frost delay. Dang it Minnesota get it together

Ordered 4 yards of wood mulch for the back yard on Tuesday. It showed up at 3:30 pm on Friday, and I promptly ran out of landscape fabric by 5:30 lol.
Project halted after a solid hour of work. Re-stocked and ready to get back at it tomorrow. Hopefully have it all moved out of the driveway by the end of the day tomorrow so I can get vehicles out.

I had a similar issue. Ordered 8 yards for our back gardens and ran out...should have ordered 9 or 10. You should be done before lunch.

I am so fed up with our local officials and the decisions they make regarding Covid.

About 15-20 years ago, we had 1500 acres of undeveloped forest straddling the border between our town and the town next door. It had been undeveloped because it surrounded an abandoned rocket/rocket fuel test site, and there was an initiative to approve its use for semiconductor manufacturing. The NIMBYs came out of the woodwork on that one. Especially the ones who moved here, into a new development built upon farmland, for the quality of life, and wanted no further development of any kind after they moved in. That initiative was approved and now employs over 3,000 people at an average salary of $87k/yr. Related to that was a proposal to approve a mixed use development - retail, apartments, and townhomes, adjacent to an existing development.

At a hearing, one lady stood up and said, "We've lived here for thirty years, and this proposal would irreversibly change our quality of life. That used to be farmland. We used to go sledding on that property after we moved in."

I stood up and said, "Did you ever stop to think that when you moved into your brand-new home, you irreversibly changed the quality of life for that farmer and their neighbors?" She didn't reply, but her face showed that she got the message.

As a pest control operator, I endorse this message.

We had a lady that called us for a wildlife/rodent consultation about two years ago. We assessed her situation, told her the severity of the problem and the cost to remedy the issue. She decided that the exclusion work would be too expensive (about $2500-3000) and that she would pass.

She just contacted us last week because she is trying to cash in on the real estate boom and sell the property. The realtor and inspector told her that the, now massive, rodent damage and control issue would have to be resolved before she could sell the home. Her bill is now 21K and we start the job on Monday.

Here's your sign............
I always tell people "pay me now or pay me later". Oh, and by the way it's always cheaper the first time around :LOL:

It's May 29th and I'm waiting out a frost delay. Dang it Minnesota get it together
Our forecast made it a possibility, but somehow we snuck through unscathed.

I’ve watched a lot of sunrises lately because I’m usually up feeding the baby. And, I’m here to tell you that watching the sunrise is completely overrated!

Mother nature is not my friend. We were scheduled to play today but mother nature said NO. It has rained the last 3 days and Temps have dropped into the 40's. Would have been my first time out for a full round....I have only played 1 9 hole round so far this year.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I’ve watched a lot of sunrises lately because I’m usually up feeding the baby. And, I’m here to tell you that watching the sunrise is completely overrated!
Not when you consider at least one of the alternatives. . . .

Bring on the Ohio haters... But at least it's not just us

Almost Memorial Day and I'm running my furnace. And people wonder why I don't get my garden in earlier!

About 15-20 years ago, we had 1500 acres of undeveloped forest straddling the border between our town and the town next door. It had been undeveloped because it surrounded an abandoned rocket/rocket fuel test site, and there was an initiative to approve its use for semiconductor manufacturing. The NIMBYs came out of the woodwork on that one. Especially the ones who moved here, into a new development built upon farmland, for the quality of life, and wanted no further development of any kind after they moved in. That initiative was approved and now employs over 3,000 people at an average salary of $87k/yr. Related to that was a proposal to approve a mixed use development - retail, apartments, and townhomes, adjacent to an existing development.

At a hearing, one lady stood up and said, "We've lived here for thirty years, and this proposal would irreversibly change our quality of life. That used to be farmland. We used to go sledding on that property after we moved in."

I stood up and said, "Did you ever stop to think that when you moved into your brand-new home, you irreversibly changed the quality of life for that farmer and their neighbors?" She didn't reply, but her face showed that she got the message.

The same buddy had the cops called on him by the "transplants" because they thought he was growing reefer behind his horse barn. It turned out to be "volunteer" corn from the prior years planting! He went out in his front yard and screamed at all the new houses across the road, "If you want to f*** with me, at least do it face to face! If you want to fight, let's get it on! I will shoot my guns whenever I want! I will have bonfires whenever I want! I will burn my leaves in the Fall! And there's nothing you can do about it!"

The number of complaints dropped dramatically!

Back