Official Rant of the Day

Apparently my buddy hit a hole in one tonight. I was asked to go but was unable to since I coach soccer three nights a week. Damn kids! I could have had some free drinks:LOL:;)

if you think this post crosses the line then please delete.

i am struggling with what is happening right now. i was forced to close my office for more then 2 months....being told that if i dare open, they could take my license away and close me for good. that opening up could endanger the public. if i opened then i wanted people to die. we have all seen the people getting arrested for daring to go against the gov't orders and opening up anyway. but somehow it is ok to protest with thousands of people. why now is it ok to do that but i am still not allowed to LEGALLY OPEN MY OFFICE YET? this is the biggest ******** of all time. i nearly lost my office over this "mandatory shutdown" but people can protest and riot and loot and that is fine. that asshole wolf (Pa governor) is out protesting today....scumbag.

i am losing my mind thinking about this.

Planning to play 18 on Sat & now they are saying 60% chance of rain.

Alexa told me it wasn’t going to rain this evening, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to rain. I voiced my concerns, but she didn’t understand 😒

Wife booked auto appointment at 9:15 on Saturday... no golf for me!

here's the weather forecast

friday maybe RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday maybe RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN

forecast for a historical average June rainfall amount in just 2 weeks

friday maybe RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday maybe RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN

On the plus side a Weatherman is on of the few professions where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job:banghead:

friday maybe RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN
saturday RAIN
sunday RAIN
monday RAIN
tuesday maybe RAIN
wednesday RAIN
thursday RAIN
friday RAIN

I want to say June is always awful here, making May just a big ol tease.

Does anyone else have a group where they work whose seemingly only job is to take something people already do, insert themselves randomly into the process and slow it up?

Does anyone else have a group where they work whose seemingly only job is to take something people already do, insert themselves randomly into the process and slow it up?

You mean...management?

Or better yet, the group that won't insert themselves to do their only job?
Like, accounting.

Went to the driving range this morning, which is something I very rarely do, but since we didn't have a tee time and I wanted to work through some things it seemed like the right thing to do.

After warming up with some wedges, I reach for one of my favourite clubs which is my 8 iron. I made my one and only hole in one with it, and use it for chipping around the green when a putter isn't appropriate. 3 or 4 swings in I am left with just a shaft in my hands. I watch in horror as the clubbed goes flying 20 yards or so out onto the range.

So much for keeping this sentimental club after I get new sticks. Sheared off clean at the hosel so it's unlikely it can be repaired.

When do people book weekend rounds? WOW is everything filled up for Saturday and Sunday morning before 10am... :cry::cry::cry:

Went to the driving range this morning, which is something I very rarely do, but since we didn't have a tee time and I wanted to work through some things it seemed like the right thing to do.

After warming up with some wedges, I reach for one of my favourite clubs which is my 8 iron. I made my one and only hole in one with it, and use it for chipping around the green when a putter isn't appropriate. 3 or 4 swings in I am left with just a shaft in my hands. I watch in horror as the clubbed goes flying 20 yards or so out onto the range.

So much for keeping this sentimental club after I get new sticks. Sheared off clean at the hosel so it's unlikely it can be repaired.
Wait, the club head broke and separated from the hosel, or the shaft broke at the hosel?

My 2013 Ford F-150 is on it's last leg :eek: 218K miles & I think it's run its course. A/C is shot, just noticed an oil leak this morning. :eek: This is NOT what I need right now. :mad: I don't really want another car payment at the moment. :cautious:

I make mine the week before.

ugh... i always know last minute and then tough to plan... 💩💩💩💩

Summer is here officially... Golfers gonna golf!

I buy the protein bar variety pack because it’s cheaper, but I only like one of the three flavors. WHY?!?!

I buy the protein bar variety pack because it’s cheaper, but I only like one of the three flavors. WHY?!?!

Ehh - protein bar enjoyment vs. need/checks a box....

I think discount protein is good enough... are these the Pure Protein boxes? What flavor is your favorite?

Ehh - protein bar enjoyment vs. need/checks a box....

I think discount protein is good enough... are these the Pure Protein boxes? What flavor is your favorite?
Yup the pure protein bars. I like the chocolate peanut butter.

Wait, the club head broke and separated from the hosel, or the shaft broke at the hosel?
20200605_140117.jpg
Shaft broke clean off at the top of the hosel. There looks to be light rust on the inside of the shaft, but the clubs are 9 years old. Never felt a thing when striking the ball, unlike when I did the same thing with my wedge. I was in a hazard and ignored better advice before swinging and contacting a rock. HARD. My local shop told me it couldn't be fixed, and since I had nothing to lose I threw it in my bag when heading to FL a week and a half later. Took it into the local shop there and they had it done in about 45 minutes. One of the toughest they said they had ever done.

Stopped to pick up a few groceries on the way home from the course. As with most stores, they have designated the aisles as one-way only, and it's a smaller store so the aisles are barely wide enough to pass another cart.

I was following the directional arrows, even if it meant I had to go down one aisle to be able to come back up the next. I came across a woman going the wrong way. SEVEN TIMES.:facepalm:

Stopped to pick up a few groceries on the way home from the course. As with most stores, they have designated the aisles as one-way only, and it's a smaller store so the aisles are barely wide enough to pass another cart.

I was following the directional arrows, even if it meant I had to go down one aisle to be able to come back up the next. I came across a woman going the wrong way. SEVEN TIMES.
Seven times?! Did you check your pockets to make sure she didn’t grab your phone and wallet? 😆

Seven times?! Did you check your pockets to make sure she didn’t grab your phone and wallet? 😆
I never thought of it LOL. I did however consider mentioning something after the third meeting but decided against it. She just seemed to be in her own little world like nothing has changed. I will say, however that I find the directional aisles make negotiating the store much easier.

I never thought of it LOL. I did however consider mentioning something after the third meeting but decided against it. She just seemed to be in her own little world like nothing has changed. I will say, however that I find the directional aisles make negotiating the store much easier.
I am a terrible aisle wandered at the grocery store. One-way aisles would make me significantly more efficient.

Website search/filter engines. Let's say you're on a store's website looking for something specific (let's use a left handed putter as an example. Purely hypothetical). You use the filter engine to select "putter" and "left handed". The options come back, and low and behold there is the model you are looking for. Like moths to a flame, you click on it, and BAM! Right handed only. WTF! Reminds me of an old Blue Light commercial: "If I wanted water, I'd have asked for water"

Back