Official Rant of the Day

Diet Dr Pepper is one of the most popular soft drinks.

Why when I walk into a convenience store, do they have two empty rows of Diet Dr Pepper, and 14 rows of Dr Pepper, completely full? Happens all the time.

A rant that I am blessed to have knowing we could be in a different situation, but still rant worthy.

Our new house is finished. Got the thumbs up from the project manager this morning. The rant comes from the builder's own damn finance company saying hey were all good, you just need to pay for an appraisal on a house we just built. Like I get it, but why? It should appraise for what you sold it to me for

A rant that I am blessed to have knowing we could be in a different situation, but still rant worthy.

Our new house is finished. Got the thumbs up from the project manager this morning. The rant comes from the builder's own damn finance company saying hey were all good, you just need to pay for an appraisal on a house we just built. Like I get it, but why? It should appraise for what you sold it to me for
Always something before you close

Always something before you close
My new neighbors found out as they were literally putting pen to paper on buying the house that the side empty lot didn't come with the house.
The realtor said it was included but never was.
They have 0.34 acres lot on a corner lot with main/busy street instead of 0.88 acres.
They said they never would have bought the house w/o the extra lot.
I asked why did you continue with the purchase? They said they don't know.
I think a bit of shock hit them and they went on autopilot and signed.
They are now trying to save up to buy the lot.
The sellers, our former neighbor is a B & K about the lot.
I could type 5 pages on all of this stuff.

I opened my freezer yesterday morning to get some sausages and tater tots, and it opened a bit too easily. Apparently I hadn't closed it securely enough the last time i was in there, everything was covered in frost, and just a little shy of as cold as I'm used to things coming out of there! I got what I needed and made sure the door was securely closed. Opening my freezer this morning, all the frost had disappeared and temps were back to normal. It's a Frigidaire. My former fridge was the same brands and it lasted probably 20 years. My BIL has an ancient Frigidaire in his hunting cabin that has to be 40+ years old, and it works just fine! I don't care about the fancy brand names. Give me something solid and reliable that will last.
A local appliance parts guy whom I respect has been quoted in a few national articles saying basically all brands suck. Just pick the cheapest one that has the features you want.

Now for my rant. Because of a family trust form, I had to file my taxes on paper this year. Registered Mail, Return Receipt. It took my Federal return 23 days to go from Albany,. NY to Kansas City, MO. Shipment tracking provided no updates between Day 4 and delivery. My return moved through USPS at an average speed of under 3 mph. Pachyderm Express?

We had something similar when we closed except it was the house appraised for less than the selling price. Want to know why? The custom shower glass for our main bedroom wasn't in yet (during covid) so it appraised for $1700 less than what it was being sold for. Was a no go and delayed our closing by a day as a result. (Shower glass showed up two days later and was installed)

We had something similar when we closed except it was the house appraised for less than the selling price. Want to know why? The custom shower glass for our main bedroom wasn't in yet (during covid) so it appraised for $1700 less than what it was being sold for. Was a no go and delayed our closing by a day as a result. (Shower glass showed up two days later and was installed)
That would make me irate

A local appliance parts guy whom I respect has been quoted in a few national articles saying basically all brands suck. Just pick the cheapest one that has the features you want.

Now for my rant. Because of a family trust form, I had to file my taxes on paper this year. Registered Mail, Return Receipt. It took my Federal return 23 days to go from Albany,. NY to Kansas City, MO. Shipment tracking provided no updates between Day 4 and delivery. My return moved through USPS at an average speed of under 3 mph. Pachyderm Express?
Yeah, most appliances come off the same assembly line or might as well because they almost all get their parts from the same suppliers... China. Broad brush I know, there are some exceptions somewhere.

Taxes... yeah. The IRs is running way behind on processing returns. Or they were for a while. It's everything seemingly now a days. It's a pain for sure.

It did- Hopefully yours is squared away soon!
So far theres nothing holding us back. Its just very annoying and feels like a waste of money that the company that sold me the build is now charging me to tell me how much the house is that they built

Why do college students wait until the last moment to submit their final exams?
Lets Go Cowboy GIF by Yellowstone

Yep, it's a Samsung fridge from 2015. Around 9 years. It replaced a Kenmore that was moved to the garage to be a soda holder. It wasn't cooling well but weirdly enough started cooling again in the garage.

I picked out a Frigidaire this time. And sometime next year I'm replacing the one in the garage too. Just for peace of mind. I don't want my garage sodas, beer (occasionally in the fridge), and frozen burritos to be lost if that fridge dies.

That's always a moment of horror isn't it? Reaching into the fridge or freezer and taking hold of something that is only "cool"!
Diet Dr Pepper is one of the most popular soft drinks.

Why when I walk into a convenience store, do they have two empty rows of Diet Dr Pepper, and 14 rows of Dr Pepper, completely full? Happens all the time.

I wouldn't know. I can't stand the taste of Dr. Pepper, or any diet soft drink for that matter. I gave up "pop" or "soda" if you prefer, many years ago along with potato chips. That's how I went from 185lbs to 155lbs in what seemed to be a heartbeat! The weight fell off of me so fast I couldn't believe it!

Man if that wake up call service existed it would have helped me immensely 🤣🤣

What do I know? My alma mater made headlines this week when a contractor hired to paint over a graffitied wall painted protesters standing in front of the wall to protect it.

Back in my day, the kid and his parents would be laughed off campus.

Back in my day, the kid and his parents would be laughed off campus.
Same thing should happen now. If a student has made it to college and can’t get his or herself out of bed to go to class, he/she deserves the F. FAFO.

You just pray that's a troll job.

But nowadays I don't have much faith that it is.
Might be. But I’ve no doubt there are students at OM whose parents would think nothing of doing this.

Same thing should happen now. If a student has made it to college and can’t get his or herself out of bed to go to class, he/she deserves the F. FAFO.
In our parents' (or some cases, grandparents') generation, a lot of the soldiers who landed and fought at Normandy Beach were 18-19 years old. I can't see that happening with this current generation.

I submitted my taxes early, as i do every year. Still havent gotten my return. Nothing special, just standard deductions, but got flagged for some reason and had to provide proof of my income. Annoying af.

So many Karen’s in today’s world and we have witnessed it first hand after sending our 3 children to private colleges. The funny thing is colleges today have lots of diverse choices from their menu’s and students can also use their dining bucks elsewhere on campus at coffee/smoothie shops. They have tons of healthy and unhealthy choices and have food delivery from door dash etc. The food is way better and more diverse than 30+ years ago but students are much fatter today than they were back then. Poor food choices are easy to make when you have so many options.

The majority of our daughters friends that had Karens for moms went wild when they got to college. :ROFLMAO:

Tornado warning. Power went out and started pouring while I was getting dressed for work. Top half of a dead tree came down in the yard. Hopefully it didn't damage the fence too much.

So many Karen’s in today’s world and we have witnessed it first hand after sending our 3 children to private colleges. The funny thing is colleges today have lots of diverse choices from their menu’s and students can also use their dining bucks elsewhere on campus at coffee/smoothie shops. They have tons of healthy and unhealthy choices and have food delivery from door dash etc. The food is way better and more diverse than 30+ years ago but students are much fatter today than they were back then. Poor food choices are easy to make when you have so many options.

The majority of our daughters friends that had Karens for moms went wild when they got to college. :ROFLMAO:
My brother's kid probably spends more on delivery fees than he does on food.

Tornado warning. Power went out and started pouring while I was getting dressed for work. Top half of a dead tree came down in the yard. Hopefully it didn't damage the fence too much.
Just heard from someone our assistant director was in the building and saw a tornado touching down behind our building.

Back