stewarthans45

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone own or have any experience with any of the Ogio bags? I'm looking for a new cart bag and like the looks of the Ogio line of bags but have a couple questions / concerns. one thing I have noticed is most of them don't have a handle or area for the cart strap to hold the bag in place. I'm wondering how the bag stays on the cart if I hit some rough bumps or terrain on the cart. My second question is about the durability of the zipperless ball pocket and how well they hold up over time.

Are there any brand/model of cart bag that you would recommend? Looking for something that looks good, is durable, and has a lot of pocket space.

Any input or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I used the Ogio Duke cart bag for a couple seasons and loved it. It had a 14-way top, more pockets than I knew what to do with and held up really well for the time that I had it. I only changed because I wanted a stand bag.

I used one for a long time. Can't remember the model name, but it had the spring loaded ball pouch. Never had any issues with it.

What I didn't like was that the number of useless pockets. Yes, there were a lot of them, but a handful were useless.

I have a 2014 Cirrus and it has a cart strap tunnel. It's just blends in well and actually very effective. Like it so far.

It looks like most of their cart bags have a handle or cart strap path, or both. I saw three on the website that may not have either - the press, giza, and shredder cart bags.

I had the Ogio Chamber cart bag for over a year and really liked it. It still looked like new after being used 3-5 times a week between playing and range time for that entire year. I sold it to a friend so that I could switch to a carry bag to force myself to walk more often. I picked up the 2014 Ogio Shredder stand bag for $79 from Golfsmith and love it. It has a handle on the front so when I use a cart I put the strap through the handle and it works fine.

I have the Taj and it's the best bag I've ever owned. Self closing huge ball pocket, HUGE insulated side pocket that holds 3 water bottles, putter well, and the TORQ strap that secures the bag to the golf cart.

I've got the Chamber, and it holds up very well on all sorts of terrain. It has a strap tunnel, and holds all of your clubs in place so they won't get all dinged up when you find such terrain. The ball pocket has held up very nicely, but I agree that there are too many pockets that serve no real purpose. The extraneous pockets aren't really in the way of anything so its not that big of a deal, but they do sit empty for me.

I'm on my second Chamber bag. The first one (original) held up well except the lining inside. No problems with the zippers and the zipper-less ball sack (sorry couldn't resist) held up as well. Just don't carry the bag by that. There is a handle just below the sack. This thing has tons of room to carry anything you need. There is also a handle at the top like most bags and I have no issues with it staying in the cart. There is actually a passage on both side to slide the cart strap though. The best part is that the clubs don't bang together.

The problem with the liner was that when I would replace my club the grip edge would grab the fabric and over time it pulled apart and it was hard to put some clubs back in. I called Ogio and they were going to replace it but stupid me didn't keep the receipt.

I liked that bag so much I just went and got a 2014 model last year and so far no issues. I think they fix the issue with the lining cause I don't feel it grabbing the fabric when I replace a club.

I have a Grom. It's a hybrid bag. I've never had any issues with it staying in a golf cart.

To be honest though, I walk over 50% of my rounds. It works really, really well with my Clic Gear.

I have the 2014 Chamber (basically the same as the 2015 and in a better color). As others have stated, the cart strap system works well. I also LOVE the Silencer feature, but i hate iron clang. The ball pocket works fine. If I tipped my bag upside down, ironically my clubs would stay in place (because of the Silencer system) but the ball pocket would likely lose a few balls. As long as I keep fewer than, say, 15 balls, it works fine. When I stuff it, it remains open a bit.

Still, I love the look and functionality of the bag.

They make some great bags.

I have the Grom and Love it! It has a pass through for when i use a cart. Never had any problems with the bag. And as far as the zipperless ball pocket I have had ZERO problems with it.

I have a Chamber. Love the Silencer system. In addition to the strap tunnel on both sides of the bag, the Chamber has a vertical rubber strap that looks like the end of a belt on the back of the bag. This strap goes around the top rail of the cart basket and then attaches to a hook on the bag. Extra insurance.

I have had the occasional ball bounce out of the ball pocket when I was carrying the bag to/from the car. I fixed this myself with a Velcro strip to keep the pocket closed.

I carry WAY to much stuff in my bag so all of the pockets are used.

I have the gotham, it's great bag, pockets are massive with more pockets inside. The top bag strap from your cart will keep the bag in place ok, but for extra security there are little slots under neath the valuables and drinks pocket which you can pass your bag strap through.

About magnetic pockets, I had a large one on an old cart bag (not an OGIO bag) that I used for balls and it worked great, except when I pulled the bag out of my SUV. More frequent than not the magnetic closure would not hold and I spent a lot of time chasing golf balls in the parking lot or at the neighbors house across the street.

I just picked up this shredder (last years model) for $99. Have had it out on two rounds and have been pretty pleased so far.

0d70687262c0ccbc8257dfc57daacd77_zps500a974e.jpg

20150313_194140_zpsk7ggskux.jpg

I've always thought my bag was called the Vapor but after looking it up its called a Grom Bag. This is the exact one I have, got lucky and got it free from work because we did a collaboration with Fuze.

Thinking about getting my name put on it like a Staff bag this season..
021c012d212f5d1780ff040a41d8e33a.jpg

48f7ae61b0453526a11cab4b295ecdb2.jpg

f04033b47ae1369ea98f19e9cc61459d.jpg

Back