Old Golf Bags - What do you do with yours?

I donate mine to the 1st Tee. Same with clubs. Sometimes I see them on the back of a junior player, other times I see them being sold. Either way, they put it to good use.

I think that I still have 5 in the basement, since retired. Sadly, they're all filled with equally retired clubs. I've given some to the 1st Tee, I should just give all the rest too.

I won't replace a bag until it "breaks" and simply toss it into the trash.

You're kidding, right? I have 11 bags all in various stages of decompositiion. A few are like new and in use regularly. A few have minor flaws. A few are in horrible shape. Alas, I can't bear to part with any of them.

Wow! 11 bags? And here I thought I had a lot with 6 bags full of various clubs, sets, woods, etc.

Once they are unusable, I replace them. And toss them, yes. Worst one over was my Callaway THP Staff stand bag I have had for years. Had to put it down after my Arizona trip in June.

HA! Had to put it down .... like it was his pet!

I have 3 bags in my basement that I use for my extra clubs. Any others I usually give away

Wow! 11 bags? And here I thought I had a lot with 6 bags full of various clubs, sets, woods, etc.

Like I said, various stages of decomposition. Probably 5 or 6 in good enough shape to use regularly. A couple that are in good enough shape to utilize for storage. A couple that are ready to be given away to someone just learning the game and not wanting to spend much to try it out. I have several in my shed that I don't even touch, but can't teach them because of my hoarder tendencies.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Depends on why I’m changing bags. Most of mine are because I “want” a new one, I don’t need one. Most of mine are given to other members of my family or members of my grandson’s golf team!

usually my bags are beat when I replace them so they get trashed.

If useable I will give them away or donate them.

I’ve sold and given away a couple of bags in the past. I don’t think I’ve ever had to throw one away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually give mine to somebody who needs it or I donate it to a thrift store.

donate, sell or give away to someone who wants it.

Or trash if it gets really bad.

You're kidding, right? I have 11 bags all in various stages of decompositiion. A few are like new and in use regularly. A few have minor flaws. A few are in horrible shape. Alas, I can't bear to part with any of them.

I have a few more than 11 but I've got three youth golfers too. Haven't got rid of a one yet. Once you factor in shipping they're not worth selling for the most part since none are really high end.

I do find the 20 odd bags sitting around make excellent storage containers for the hundreds of old(ish) clubs that are also lying around. Lots of them don't know it yet but they're going to be the downpayment for a new car next fall. If I can take the money and run from PGA Superstore when I venture in to trade them all in. That's the plan. The reality is that they'll probably be used to barter and trade and as payment for new clubs. Sigh.

I’m glad to hear so many donating to first tee. I hadn’t thought of that for some reason. We have a good first tee program where I live so that would be a perfect place to start.

Back