Oldest Club You Still Game

I'm still playing a Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood with the RCH Pro Series 3.2 shaft that I got from a Tour player before they were available at retail, which was in 1999 or 2000. I've always felt the 3 wood is the hardest club in the bag to find, so I'm going to keep it until the face cracks or it gets stolen!

Tour Edge Exotics 14.5 degree CB Pro Limited Edition. Somewhat counterintuitivly I only hit it from the tee (they made a big deal about its slip stream sole when it came out). It's in the bag because I hit it ridiculously long (for me) and straight for when I need less than Driver off the tee. Also, it's decently forgiving, has the maximum legal spring effect, and has a real deal Fujikura Speeder Motore shaft. Oh and it has a lifetime warranty. There's literally no 3 wood out there that's better for what I use it for.

On my B set, an Adams Ovation 4 wood circa 2004. I like it and haven't found a reason to replace it, meaning it still works.

I usually play a Ping Anser 2 with a Contour SNSR 140 grip on it but will ocassionaly play an Acushnet Bullseye. Tim

My Adams a7 4h. Think they came out around 2011?

Original 588 RTG 49°, 54° or 56° see extensive play before the bermuda rough goes dormant as I find they work best for me.

Otherwise, I guess it's either my Rife Tour Hybrid Mallet putter or original Cleveland Mashie hybrids or MX-200 5 & 6 irons. I think they're all around the same release dates, if memory serves.

Tour Edge Exotics 14.5 degree CB Pro Limited Edition. Somewhat counterintuitivly I only hit it from the tee (they made a big deal about its slip stream sole when it came out). It's in the bag because I hit it ridiculously long (for me) and straight for when I need less than Driver off the tee. Also, it's decently forgiving, has the maximum legal spring effect, and has a real deal Fujikura Speeder Motore shaft. Oh and it has a lifetime warranty. There's literally no 3 wood out there that's better for what I use it for.

I play the same 3 wood. Love it from the tee and the fairway.

Oldest clubs are probably my j40 irons. Maybe I'll add the rbz tour back and have a 2012 bag..

My Scotty Cameron

Titleist 910 D2, it's my control driver (I play 2 drivers) and lately has been a beast since I went to a 43.5" 3 wood shaft.

My oldest club I think was brought out for 2015, the alpha 815 hybrid. I only just got it earlier this year though.

Was my Cobra Amp Cell 3H, replaced it with a 4H version. Love that line of hybrids, nothing new has come close to it yet.

My FG17 irons! I've come to figure out I hit them better than anything I've tried to knock them outta the bag with!

I usually play a Ping Anser 2 with a Contour SNSR 140 grip on it but will ocassionaly play an Acushnet Bullseye. Tim
Ping Anser 2 putter for me also. Had it for about 24 years. Just have not found anything that I like better.

So my answer to this question is....What time is it??? I change pretty often!!

Oldest Club You Still Game

Cobra Greg Norman driving iron, or a combo of Sonartec Md hybrids (1i 2i and/or 3i) depending on conditions and I game Mizuno Super 11 irons, oh and a TP Mills putter, all my shiz is old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
90131e6b97901aa5e9439981b867c920.jpg
11d9cf7e7733398634980c0530644e97.jpg
ef919d38590d69b85aeb759933b30618.jpg
a0b7f59263a1f19e8284517f5b098cac.jpg

Last edited:
2009 Taylormade 3 and 4 rescue hybrids.
f9b64298100dc7d47da41d147d9f365d.jpg

I have a bull's-eye in the bag right now but it's on its way out soon. My oldest club in my bag that's going nowhere is my MacGregor Run-up. It's a 7iron loft and putter length club with a small head. Amazing for green side bump and runs. Also amazing for punching shots out of the trees

All my clubs are just over a month old :)

My whole setup is from the 2009 and 2010 seasons. About time to upgrade, lol.

This is an interesting question, and I honestly have no idea what my correct answer is. I've bought all of my clubs used and don't know when they were released.

Back