On course improvement from speed training

SundayHack

Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have read through most of the speed training threads (not every page) and its been cool to see the gains people are making with their speed training as I commence mine.

I am keen to hear what on course imporvements have been observed as a result of the speed training? are you scoring better? has your strokes gained imporved?

Doesnt matter if you used super speed, the stack or anything else, share your story!

I am on month 2 of using the RypSticks and I am seeing better distance with both the driver and long irons. It is nice to try and work on the swing at a faster speed with what I learned during a lesson.

Swinging faster requires me to not be so compact with my arms and has helped me get a better path on the down swing and stay loose.

I need to not be afraid to swing with the short irons but tend to baby them. Hopefully the faster swing will start working with those as well.

I’m interested in this thread as well. I just ordered a PGR launch monitor and will be starting speed training with super speed sticks once the monitor arrives next week.

Distance is obviously the main goal of swing speed training... I am keen to see that translate on the course to see if that increase in distance has an effect on my approach shots (am I scoring better being closer to the hole?) .. does my proximity to the hole improve? will be interesting to find out.

Distance through the bag has improved. Launch conditions such as peak height and decent angle with irons and wedges have improved. The worst part is the added spin. I can’t find any real reason for any golfer to not speed train.

It's helped massively with my over the top. Having feedback on what was/was not faster was hugely helpful

It's helped massively with my over the top. Having feedback on what was/was not faster was hugely helpful
Never thought of it affecting swing path.. but makes sense when I think about it!

Managed to add 20-25% to my CHS the first few years I was on THP and it made a massive difference in my game. Added @80 yards to 'my potentially reachable' long P4s and P5s and provided the ability to easily carry hazards I had to avoid before. Speed also translated well to my irons permitting me to hit a club or two less while swinging well within myself and still get the distance, descent, and spin needed to stick greens. GIR% went way up.

I was returning to golf from a very long layoff and nearing 60 when I put the work in to add all that speed. Wish I had stuck with it to at least maintain the speed I built but I've slacked off the last several years and have lost about half my gains. Will be 69 in a few months and age is winning.

Back