On Thin Ice - Your 2019 Bag Setup

Probably wedges or at least one new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything. I have a Club Champion fitting in a week so I’ll see what they tell me is right for me and then make a decision from there.

I know I have some “me” things to work in but I’m not happy with the feel of my Rogue right now but I was hitting it straight in early summer. I’m mostly curious on how a non brand specific iron fitting will turn out for me. I think the Recoil 760 SMACWRAP works well for me now as long as I make good contact so it will be interesting if they find something that works even better.

60* spot.

New PM grind is high on my list.

Other than that, I'm still pretty happy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have had that one in the cart several times, love the look of it, but blade putters are like Hybrids to me in they work great for few weeks then become useless.

The better get that cotton picking Toulon Palm Beach released soon or else..

Long Island :act-up:

Honestly, and not to sound smug, but I ended 2018 on a great note with some low scores back-to-back-to-back, and am hoping to carry over that success into this year (wishful thinking, I know). I spent a good part of last year really tailoring my bag to me and what I liked and didn't like. It won't be until I get back into the swing of things (no pun intended) this year before something in my bag is on the hot seat. If I had to make a prediction, I'd guess maybe my ball. I really liked the W/S Duo Professional the couple times I've used it, but I could see another ball replacing it as the year develops, as weather changes, as needs or preferences possibly change, etc. Maybe the Q-Star Tour becomes my go-to, or perhaps the AVX. Time will tell.

SW. So much more user error than equipment but I was often lost in greenside bunkers in '18. But I steadied my technique and found two that worked. Ping Glide and a Fourteen RM-22 that is ironically in the lead. Not ironic in that I already play RM-22J wedges. Ironic because it has the very light Steelfiber i95 shaft, supposedly the opposite of what should work in a SW. But it does, very well, all around.

Asterisk belongs to irons. NOT on thin ice as I love my CF-16's. But I impulse purchased a new set of W/S C300 Forged (while out with a blown back facing likely months until a return to play. Crazy much?) that I'll be certain to give a go.

Every Club :)

My whole bag is usually on thin ice! Lol.... no fault of its own though, mostly just the urges of a club fiend.

The clubs on the thin ice for me right now are the 3 wood and hybo. I’d love to get a high flying, low spinning long iron in my bag. 3 wood is always a tough spot to fill....very intrigued by the ping 410 here.

On Thin Ice - Your 2019 Bag Setup

I think I can squeeze more performance out of the 4wood spot (915f). But honestly it’s not a club that I truly rely on, so am waffling a little on whether to update that or the actual bag. Only other ponder is a stroke lab, but will wait a bit on those.

Right now I’m hitting the Rogue driver better than I ever have - maybe better than I’ve ever hit driver. Naturally have an Epic Flash on the way to replace it.

Everything is gone! Gonna have a brand new bag in 2019!

Irons & wedges. I’ll probably go with Sub 70 699 irons depending on how the 7i I ordered works out. Not sure what direction I’ll go with the wedges.

The bag(s) are probably safe. Other than that, the only clubs that are 100% safe are my 49* & 54* MD4s.

I've got a driver fitting scheduled for Monday.

I haven't hit the EF fairways yet, but they're interesting (although I really love my Rogue).

I'll be ordering the smoke Apex Pros on 2/22.

And I wouldn't be shocked to see a PM grind, or some variety of stroke lab odyssey/toulon make an appearance at some point.

As for what I'm looking/hoping for out of the new gear...

I need to hit more fairways next year. Part of that is definitely course management (and being better at taking less than driver sometimes). That's what I'm hoping to get out of a driver fitting.

With the irons, I don't necessarily expect them to be any better than what I have in my bag. But they'll look cool, and the urethane microspheres along with the fact that they're forged mean that they'll feel better for sure.

Thin ice...hmmm...has to be wedges or hybrids. I really like my hybrids(Callaway Big Bertha OS)but I recently mixed in a Rogue 2H and I love it so I would like to get a couple more to join in on the fun. I am using an old Callaway MD3(56*) and a Cleveland RTX 2.0(60*) because the bunkers at the home course are not in the best condition right now as they have a bunch of rocks in them. I do not want to buy new wedges only to see the heads get destroyed in a matter of weeks. I will probably try one of the newest drivers(either Cobra F9 or Callaway Epic Flash). My 3 wood (Titleist TS2) is safe and I am loving my irons (Srixon Z585's). Who's kidding who? I could have this all changed out by next week if I have a couple of bad rounds.

Everything is in Jeopardy. I could very easily end up with a mixed bag of all new stuff this year.

EVERYTHING MUST GO! Haha!

Actually a few clubs will still be the same models, but a full bag of Srixon and Cleveland clubs are coming:)

Looks to be a driver shootout in a couple weeks when the 785 gets here.

Apparently the SeeMore mFGP was. 1 round with the TP Mills Skinny Nellie and long range putts were falling. Not sure about the others until I receive the rest and get some time with all.

The entire top of my bag. None of it is going anywhere, but all of it could wind up second string. Just too intrigued by the new releases.

I think my fairway wood is on its last year. I'm hitting it way too high both off the tee and the deck, in a way that's costing me distance and making it a really inconsistent club. I understand it's a club I'm not going to hit square every time, but it's to the point where I can't go for greens in 2 with it because I just have no idea how far I'm going to hit it.

Also, my gap wedge. If I'm losing distance going to player irons than I really don't see a spot for it in the bag. While it's a big gap in loft from 46 to 54, I don't feel like the gap in distance will be insurmountable when I have a pitching wedge that is easier to control distance with. If that turns out to be the case, then maybe I'll have room for a 3 & 5 wood by the end of the year.

On thin ice would be the rogue. They may end up being sold or replaced by the exotics or big bertha.

Driver And wedges.. no doubt it's user error but still new toys might help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I started last year with 3 hybrids in my bag. 2.5, 4, and 5.5. Then went to a 7i down. But I won some new M3 irons, which I love. And they were a great regapping compared to my old irons that were significantly shorter than my previous irons (went Nike VR Pro cavities, to Pro Combos, to M3). So my 4i goes nearly as long as my old 2.5 hybrid (210 vs 215). But it’s been so long since I hit a 4i, I found it difficult to hit off the ground. I’m seriously considering putting the 2.5 back in for the 4i. It would move my 20 yard gap from the 3w-4i to the 2.5h-5i gap. I think I’m okay with that. Especially since the hybrid is way easier to hit out of rough and off fairway.

Epic with Rogue MSI-130 (want to find) Callaway Rogue head
Cleveland Launcher 3WD, (want to find) a Tour Edge Exotics CBX
Srixon U45/ Cleveland Launcher Hybrid
Oddessey Indy putter/Cleveland Rho/ Scotty Cameron Newport

Irons will be replaced this year... Waiting for some reviews on the F9 OL line and the snow to melt to do some trade ins on my old F6’s.

Why? The OL idea intrigues me, and I’m hopeful that it may help me play better golf this year. If not still have my Rogues to fall back on.

Back