One Single Course For The PGA Championship

Bethpage Black anyond?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Right, forgot about 2000 US Open my bad

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Erin Hills... Beast of a track and incredible venue.

Caves Valley C.C in MD. Hosted Seniors event and the first international crown for lpga. Bonus is close to the house so I can go every year
I like this choice

Pine Valley - 100%

155 Slope from the Championship tees and more than 7,000 yds. Let's make this the home of the PGA Championship!
Billy Horshel raved about this course in the new Golf Digest.

The Golf Club in New Albany, OH. Top 50 course in the world, Pete Dye track with input from a then 27 year old Jack Nicklaus, extremely limited membership, all male restriction, etc. Its probably the highest rated course that basically no one has ever head of. Would serve as a great rival to the Masters/August combination, given the limited accessibility of the course.
I've never even heard of this course. I will assume it is because of my bank account total.

Colbert Hills, Manhattan KS 4982 from the front tees, 7525 from the black tees. 92 bunkers, numerous creeks.

The walk between holes at Colbert is what made it be taken OFF the list of potential future site of a PGA Tour event, unfortunately. Outside of that, it WOULD be a great challenge for them from the tips.

The Golf Club at Flying Horse in Colorado Springs.

It's a Tom Weiskopf design. Built in 2005

I went there for a wedding and reception. I tried to get a tee time, but they said no. The club house is REALLY nice. The course looks amazing from what I could see.

Course is a Par 72 and just under 7300 yards from the tips.

Having played that course (I love it too) I would say heck yes from a course standpoint. But they do not have the facilities to host it :(

How about Pinehurst number 8 for the PGA

The Dormie Club, it is a tour caliber course in every way and would be a great course for that event.

Having played that course (I love it too) I would say heck yes from a course standpoint. But they do not have the facilities to host it :(

How about Pinehurst number 8 for the PGA
Hey they have the nicest trailer (clubhouse) I have ever been in

I could get on board with #8 as well a very very fine golf course

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Golf Club at Flying Horse in Colorado Springs.

It's a Tom Weiskopf design. Built in 2005

I went there for a wedding and reception. I tried to get a tee time, but they said no. The club house is REALLY nice. The course looks amazing from what I could see.

Course is a Par 72 and just under 7300 yards from the tips.

What is the elevation, 7300 might be too short.

A number of courses mentioned are good enough to host the PGA but do not have the space or facilities for all the additional amenities that go along with the event (Pine Valley, for one).

Having said that, I nominate Whisper Rock. Not because Gary McCord and Peter Kostis always mention it, but because enough PGA pros are members there that it is tough enough to host the tournament. As an aside, I read that Geoff Ogilvy, who won the US Open, has never finished better than 9th at the club championship.

Back