One Tip That Changed Your Game?

Take a slightly open (I'm talking slight - like a cm or 2) stance for short iron and wedge shots. It was a Greg Norman thing I believe, but the idea is to make sure you aren't sweeping with those clubs. Probably wouldn't be great for someone who is a chunker on their misses, but for someone like me who misses thin typically, it seems to promote really solid contact and a nice spinning iron shot.

"You could me more vertical if you need to be. I don't see what it would hurt other than maybe not you as much. Depth isn't width."

When the shaft is parallel to the ground on the takeaway, the toe of the club is pointing skyward. Things started to get better after putting that in place.

Smooth tempo and swing at about 80% has really helped me.

Monte’s No Turn Cast drill.

Also, while a system and not a tip, I’m still learning and grasping concepts of the Decade golf program.

Turn don’t sway. My biggest issue. Swaying off the ball
This right here, now actually executing it has proven wildly difficult. Something about 20+ years of muscle memory blah blah blah :LOL:

correcting my grip. I want to see two knuckles on my left hand and my right hand comes under to have the "v" pointing to my right shoulder. My grip was all over the place and I never really paid attention to it thinking swing issues were flaws in my overall swing. Simple fix has made me more consistent

Quit trying to swing so #*$&%* fast. I spend the beginning of every season trying to kill the ball when I know I see the most speed (ironically) and the best results when I focus on swinging smooth. :banghead:

This right here, now actually executing it has proven wildly difficult. Something about 20+ years of muscle memory blah blah blah :LOL:
I understand that difficulty. Had a buddy and I not built our own sim I would still not be in the least bit consistent. Being able to hit balls daily with ball spin and flight info has been huge in it for me. My buddy on the other hand not so much. He watches way to many YouTube swing videos from way to many different people. He is finally going for a professional lesson tomorrow. Not a moment to soon I might add

When chipping, rotate the body (some random video with Rory). I stopped doing that after I stopped playing a lot and forgot that's what makes my chipping work.

@Davidhibler showed me what a divot should look like and where it should be in reference to my ball. So, I decided to focus about an inch ahead of my ball instead of what I was doing (looking directly center on the ball) when taking my shot. It changed everything for my iron game.

“Flatten out your backswing, I want it to feel like you’re pulling the driver behind you” Made a tremendous difference in my tee game.

Don't let the index finger and thumb of my right hand get involved in the transition (I swing right-handed). Keeping them soft on the club (and sometimes not even on the club) when starting the downswing makes it nearly impossible to cast/early release.

@Davidhibler showed me what a divot should look like and where it should be in reference to my ball. So, I decided to focus about an inch ahead of my ball instead of what I was doing (looking directly center on the ball) when taking my shot. It changed everything for my iron game.
It's funny you mention that, a buddy of mine gave me the same tip a couple weeks ago and it definitely helped me as well.

Shorter backswing on iron shots = more consistent strike

With irons - Completing shoulder turn on the downswing. It was a lightbulb moment with my short game.

One tip that changed my game (in the wrong direction) was keep the weight on the inside of the feet during the backswing. It took me years to wake up that this was the root cause of my swing faults.

How did you fix this? I’m overcoming this too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did you fix this? I’m overcoming this too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rotated the right foot and lower leg counter clockwise and the upper leg clockwise keeping the knee inside the foot. The weight pressure shifts to the outside of the foot where it remains until very late into the down swing.

Back