One tip to increase swing speed

I get that to an extent as well, but I definitely don't have 10-12 mph in reserve! :LOL:

I think there's a balance between physicality and swing mechanics to get the most out of it, but trying to muscle through the swing doesn't work for me.
I agree with the balance part, if I try to swing out of my shoes I almost never "nail" it and end up just grunting and looking really "cool" for no reason :LOL:. For me to find the extra MPH I have to purposely go back further with more shoulder turn (slowly) then uncoil and the speed comes.

Bruce Lee GIF

I wish I had a good tip... for myself!!! The only thing I could say is you can't (I can't) force speed. Wrists, arms, shoulders need to be relaxed throughout the swing.

Relaxed wrists and swing smooth. If I try to rip at one it’s usually slower for me than if I just let the swing flow.

The big thing about distance is hitting center face. And for me the best way of doing it is not getting stuck on the way down or back. Get wide: and do all you can to get your elbows out and away from you on the way down.Might feel like you will miss the ball on the outside.But it oddly opens up your body to give you a free go with no interference of hitting your gut

Experiment with foam golf balls! I can try different things in my back yard and not have to drive out to the range or golf course.
They don't travel as far so they are easier to track and see where they go. But, the better your swing speed the farther they travel.

I would tell him to quit worrying about something as silly as swing speed. You have many other issues that need addressing.

I just know what happens when people try to swing fast and end up creating tension and stiffening. I see it a lot. Loose is fast. There's some really cool work being done to analyze some of those relationships too. Even something as simple as posture or hand position and how it affects fluidity and speed.
I’m interested in this. Who’s doing this work and is it available to view?

Back