One tip to increase swing speed

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
You walk up to somebody hitting on the range. He stops you and asks, “Give me your best tip for increasing swing speed.” You don’t get to watch his swing. You simply have to give your very best tip or thought. What is it?

You walk up to somebody hitting on the range. He stops you and asks, “Give me your best tip for increasing swing speed.” You don’t get to watch his swing. You simply have to give your very best tip or thought. What is it?
Hard to increase SS consistently without dedicated effort. If you want to increase speed on the next shot, I would suggest five practice swings with each one increasing in speed and then step up and hit it.

No preconceived thoughts , just swing . You can’t contrive what you don’t have , let it go…. And see what the club does

I would give them a driver shaft and tell them to swing it as hard as possible

Relax your wrists.

I was going to say something similar but it is just relax.. give your swing time and be smooth.
Yeah tension kills it for a lot of people.

Stay young.

Fast is hard.
Hard is slow.
Loose is fast.
Relax.

My best and fastest swings are when I’m relaxed and not trying to swing hard.

Rotate your hips on the back swing

I would have to answer is the goal to increase swing speed or to hit your best shot more often. Centre contact on the clubface which clings to the ball that you feel through the shaft vibration, your longest shot that feels effortless.

For the driver. No swing thought. Just the thought of getting the ball out there. My best drives were no swing thoughts. Just rhythm and balance feelings

I would give them a driver shaft and tell them to swing it as hard as possible
Most people tense up when they try to swing hard which slows them down. I would say relax and try to swing fast and smooth but not hard.

I think it was Fred Couples I once heard say when asked what he does when he wants to hit the ball farther, "I actually swing easier than my regular swing".

Coming from him, I thought that was memorable.

Edit - now that I think about it, it might have been Ernie Els that said this?

Last edited:
Learn to use the ground. It's such a difficult concept for a lot of us. But once it's unlocked it leads to incredible leaps.

When people tense up they usually have a poor follow through. Think about a Nice complete finish with a nice pose at the end.

Learn to use the ground. It's such a difficult concept for a lot of us. But once it's unlocked it leads to incredible leaps.

I should say.

a5aad9ac3321bb495da18a95eb0f65a1.jpg

Make your fastest moment closer to the ball.

Back