Opinions on Scion Fr-s

AG47

Reaction score
Handicap
PRO
I am looking into getting a new car and the Scion Fr-s really caught my eye. Does anyone one one or have any of you guys tested one? If so, what's your opinion?

Its a pretty decent car. If used as an every day car best had in areas with little to no snow/ice although the automatic option comes with "snow" package. I think it drives similar to the Scion TC with a little more get up and go. The wife was looking at it but for price an convenience of a back seat she went with the TC. I believe it shares same engine/package as Subaru BRZ.

IMO its a fun car to drive.

I test drive one a few months ago.
Its fun to drive and a decent value, but just not practical (big) enough for me.

As stated above. Not great if you live some where that it snows much. It's basically the same as a Subaru BRZ just a little less comfort as the scion model is more stripped down than the subaru. Hence the lower price. Great car extremely fun. I have driven them both and they feel very similar. Great stock and even more fun with a few choice parts added. Just don't expect to get great mpg if you have fun driving it. Have a friend who has the scion version. He loves it just wishes it came factory turbo'd

Some snow tires will cure just about any worry with winter weather. I've had more than a couple RWD here in Utah and snow tires make the winter a breeze to drive

Extremely underpowered.

Rwd.

Not a fan of subarus boxer motors. They have severe head gasket and oil leaking problems. It's also not the most reliable vvt out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have severe head gasket and oil leaking problems. It's also not the most reliable vvt out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having had multiple Subaru's, this is spot on. Oil leaks are a near guarantee with Subaru's

My 17 year old son wants one but he's going to have to save his pennies for a while. I test drove one and they are very fun to drive but for about the same money I'd rather have the much faster GTI.

Drove one and it's fun, but nothing too special in my eyes. For the money, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe was more fun and more powerful.

Drove one and it's fun, but nothing too special in my eyes. For the money, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe was more fun and more powerful.

If looking for power in that price range is the goal then a WRX or used STI is a good way to go.

The Ford Focus ST is also a "cheap" power car.

Get the Subaru Brz. I'm huge into Subies. Listen head gasket and all that fun oil stuff does happen eventually later in the cars life alot of times. However its their only problem. U can go ahead and by some American car in which everything will break.... But hey at least there is less chance of a head gasket problem

Never mind...

I'm not really looking for power. If I were then I would get another Mustang. I really like the sporty look and the MPG.

I'm not really looking for power. If I were then I would get another Mustang. I really like the sporty look and the MPG.

The most fun to drive car I've ever owned was an Alfa spider. You could wind out through the gears and toss it into turns without reaching dangerous speeds and situations. It was a thrill to drive all the time and fast enough.

The 6 cyl Z3 we had at the same time and the 135i I have now are fun too, but you have to be careful with them. Doubling the local speed limit in 2nd gear isn't fun. Having to carry turns at dangerous speeds to "feel" like you're going fast isn't so much fun.

0-60 in 4.7 sec is fun sometimes, but I miss that Alfa. Enjoy what you get - high-powered or not.

Back