Over 60... how much do you play?

Age 70. Still work 2 days a week in the office. Play an average of 3 rounds a week March 15 to November 15. Some years the weather cooperates and I might get another 12-15 rounds in between snow storms. 100 to 110 rounds a year of which 20-25 are tournament rounds.

I could play more frequently but I don’t want to beat up my body too much and there are other fun activities. I am a bit envious of those of you that have 12 month seasons and play 5+ rounds a week.

Once a week. It's all i can afford.

2-3 times per week April to Oct

Twice a month during Exorbitant Fee season, then at least once a week during the summer/fall.

2 to 4 times a week. Depending on my brother's doctor appointments, as I have to drive him. Or the fish are biting:love:

4-5x a week. I played today, I'm playing tomorrow, Thursday, and a shamble on Saturday.;)

2-3x per week

Once a week for golf and once a week to the range with one of my WW1 or WW2 rifles.

For me, it's either play 2 times and practice 2 times per week, or play 1 time and practice 3 times. Each practice session is usually about 90 minutes.

Taking the plunge and buying a season pass with the intention of playing 2x/week.

Working , nearly 62 yo.
Due to competing interests lol dont play as often as l would like too - on average 2-3 times a month . That will change significantly in the next 2 years when retire.
I may get some practice - range or putting in more frequently ( facility near by )

I'm 76 and play as much as I can. Last week, due to extremely good weather, I played seven days in a row. From May thru September I'll average about 5 rounds a week.

Ok... if you’re over 60 ... how often do you play? Are you once a week or several times a week? I know it can depend on where you live - so you can base it on prime playing season.
I'm 75 and have played over 40 rounds this year so far.

Played 9 today, just couldn't get any distance from my shots. Finally on the 8th hole, I realized I was letting my back swing get too long. Used a 3/4 swing and started hitting the ball and getting my distance back. Small things can ruin a round.

I'm 77 and I play twice a week (walking). I also try to hit balls, chip and putt once a week. I'd like to play more, but my
back gets too tight if I play two days in a row......

Last edited:
63. Still working... 4 day weeks April till the first snow flies. I love my job.. when I don't, I'll quit working. Meanwhile the pension keeps growing while my wife slowly get old enough to draw hers...
So I play 3 9 hole leagues April- Sept. 18 on the weekend. 45 holes is a good number for me....

Ok... if you’re over 60 ... how often do you play? Are you once a week or several times a week? I know it can depend on where you live - so you can base it on prime playing season.
I'm 70, and play an average of 27 holes a week. (3 rounds every 2 weeks)

At least 3 days a week, I'm practicing various shot situations.

I just joined a 9 hole, for fun social league, that starts in May, and runs for 18 consecutive weeks. It's a solo/team format.

Once things get nice more than 1 close to 2 times a week +range +net/simulation

Mostly once per week. But twice on occasion. I do like to hit the range once a week also. And I like to walk to the park a couple blocks from me and practice chipping once or twice per week.

So I'm doing something golf related 3 or 4 times a week. With my body I feel like I need a full workout twice a week to feel my best. Whether its on the course or at the range. I noticed if I go only once a week for a few weeks I tend to wear down faster.

I'm 75 with arthritic knees and back. Twice a week is the norm - I need at least a day between rounds to recuperate. This week I'll play 3 times (M-W-F) because the weather is ideal, but I'll pay the price over the weekend with soreness!

Back