P750’s or P770’s??

Can't necessarily compare and contrast as I have never hit the 750s but I have the 770s and LOVE them. I'm certainly no scratch golfer but I feel my iron game improved in terms of accuracy when I went from super game improvement (Callaway X2 Hot) to these. Somehow the smaller profile (comparatively) seems to have resulted in better striking. And while the 770s aren't blades by any stretch, the feel is still quite buttery on decent shots.

In summary, would by them again. And since TM discontinued them you can get them at crazy low prices for what you are getting.

770's are easier to play in real life - the 750 / 770 number is the blade length, meaning the 750s are shorter heel to toe. 770's are a true players CB, the 750's are for elite-players.

I own a set of P770s. They were in the bag for quite a while. They are vastly underrated, imo. They feel great and I got better performance out of them than Titleist AP2s. I have read and heard many opinions that the P750s are quite a bit more difficult to use successfully.

Last edited:
I own a set of P770s. They were in the bag for quite a while. They are vastly underrated, imo. They feel great and I got better performance out of them than Titleist AP2s. I have read and heard many opinions that the P770s are quite a bit more difficult to use successfully.

I support this. They seem to provide plenty of control and forgiveness for an iron in their category.

Except that I was rushing too quickly to type and should have said that the P750s reportedly are significantly more difficult to play than the P770s.

For those of us that are not so knowledgeable, what brand is being discussed here?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those of us that are not so knowledgeable, what brand is being discussed here?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TaylorMade. They were in their lineup last year and the year previous.

I game a combo set of P750/P770.... Is there something specific you're looking for?

770 are a little more 'fat' in the top line, blade is slightly longer, slightly wider sole. Forgiving and workable high/low/fade/draw.
750 are the more 'slim' model, shorter blade length, skinnier sole. Somewhat forgiving, but are more of a 'players' iron. Workable high/low/fade/draw.

I’m most likely going with the 770s..I just wasn’t consistent enough with the 750s

I played both some last year and the P770 the most. The P770 with Steelfiber shafts were SO soft, and really responded to anything you wanted to do with the ball. I only changed because I found another set with my favorite shaft for a great price and sometimes I regret it even though I love my MMC's.
IMO, the P760 is certainly worth a look in this field now? As for the P750, killer looks but in my mind VERY different from the P770. I hit the middle of the club with my irons pretty consistently (unless I am chipping lol), and after reading I thought the P750 would be great for me. It was not an easy iron for me to play and did not feel as soft and pure as the P770...also a little shorter IMO.

Last edited:
Back