PackersGirl Road to THE 2022 Grandaddy

PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi THP!!!
I thought it might be a good time to start my Road to The Grandaddy thread.

A little bit about me....I'm married to a wonderful man who just so happens to be the 2022 Grandaddy Captain. I've been a stay at home Mom for 6 years now. Which in reality means I am a taxi driver, teacher, nurse, bouncer and sometimes a wrestler. 🤣 We have 5 amazing kids, 3 boys and 2 girls. We only have our 15 year old left in the house so soon we'll be empty nesters! That means more golf and a big move! I've been playing golf for a little over 3 years now. It started as something David and I could do as a date. Truth be told, I just wanted to drive the golf cart hahahaha but ended up being so much more. I started just putting then added in a few shots here and there. I finally got a little more figured out and started playing all 18 holes. Now we plan vacations around golf courses. I love this game.

I'm still on cloud 9 after getting the shoulder tap from JB and GolferGal! It just doesn't seem real! I am so thankful and undeserving of such a wonderful event. To be the first THP woman and married couple to play in The Grandaddy is beyond exciting! I will give everything I can to this event, my fellow teammates and my Captain. This is not something I'm taking lightly at all.

I just got my official GHIN Handicap. I'm a 27.8 right now but shooting for a 19 come December. I had a Callaway box set putter that I was using and it just wasn't working for me at all. So, I purchased the Odyssey Eleven triple track and I already see a difference in my putting. It's taken several strokes off my game and I've only taken it out on the course twice.
My plan moving forward is to:
- hit the range at least once a week
- play 2 rounds a week
- work on my short game (I lose strokes with chipping and pitching)
- lose about 40lbs (we just purchased a Bowflex Velocore and are watching what we eat closely)
- walk our home course every so often

I'll definitely be adding to this list but right now, that is my game plan. I'll update this thread on a regular basis, so whoever wants to follow along on my journey will be able to. If anyone has any questions, I'm pretty much an open book so ask away! And before anyone asks....this is the first time I've ever called David my Captain. And it doesn't count because I didn't say it out loud to him 🤣

First :love:. Awesome thread, so glad to have you on THP and to follow your journey to the Grandaddy!

Second 😂

love the intro threads and look forward to following you on this Callaway journey!

This is awesome! I cannot wait to follow along in your journey.

You have some awesome goals here that should set you up nicely for the event.

Feel free to ask me, or any of the other Grandaddy Vets questions as well, that is the awesome thing about this group. We want to help you be successful!

Best of luck and I know you are going to kill it.

This will be fun following your progress, but almost as important, The Packers are playing in London!

So happy for you @PackersGirl!!! I'm going to tag this thread. Can't wait to follow along.

This is really going to be exciting to follow your journey to the Grandaddy. Have fun!!!

LFG!

Good luck with your journey. You have a pretty good captain to help keep you going!

Congratulations on getting the nod for the GD. Have a blast with the preparation and the event.

looking forward to following both you and @Davidhibler on this amazing journey

Looking forward to following your journey. Congrats again.

I will give everything I can to this event, my fellow teammates and my Captain.

And before anyone asks....this is the first time I've ever called David my Captain. And it doesn't count because I didn't say it out loud to him 🤣
First off, it totally counts. And I think you should throw a few Captains at him out loud just to see that grin start forming.

I’m more of a lurker than a poster but I’ve enjoyed reading both your and DavidHibler’s posts and look forward to following both of your journeys. Congrats and enjoy the ride.

Good luck with your journey. You have a pretty good captain to help keep you going!
He is the best! He motivates me and helps me not get into my own head.

Looking forward to following along on your journey to the GD.

Good luck with your journey and you are more then deserving!

First off, it totally counts. And I think you should throw a few Captains at him out loud just to see that grin start forming.

I’m more of a lurker than a poster but I’ve enjoyed reading both your and DavidHibler’s posts and look forward to following both of your journeys. Congrats and enjoy the ride.
I'm pretty sure it might make him choke or something if I do that. We have to separate couple vs teammate life....I'm just helping him out. 🤣

Super coolness!

Can't wait to follow your journey!!!

To be the first THP woman and married couple to play in The Grandaddy is beyond exciting!
As the father of girls and the grandfather of an incredible girl this is 🔥🔥🔥

I really look forward to your journey here. Going to be one hell of a follow.

Back